Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Goaltender Kasimir Kaskisuo

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
It was a bit of a treasure hunt, to search out all these clips of him, but well worth it...!

I did intend for the song "Kashmir" to be the background track, but that didn't work out.., unfortunately...
(I saw someone also suggested this..., earlier in this thread..) :)

Some spectacular saves in here...and most Leafs fans will like his stats, below... Note the NINE shut-outs, in just 32 games, in 2013-14... and FIVE more, in the 2015-16 Bulldogs season...

Kasimir Kaskisuo
Goalie
Born Oct 2 1993 -- Vantaa, Finland
22 yrs. ago
Height 6.03 -- Weight 201

RECENT STATS:

2013-14 Minnesota Wilderness - NAHL
32 Games... 21 Wins... 6 Losses... 5 Ties... *9 S/O's.....
.944 SV % ...... 1.48 GAA.....
-------------------------------------------------------------
2014-15 University Of Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs - NCHC
36 Games... 18 Wins... 14 Losses... 3 Ties... 1 S/O.....
.917 SV % ...... 2.30 GAA.....
2015 PLAYOFFS
5 Games... .943 SV %..... 1.75 GAA.....
2015-16 University Of Minnesota-Duluth (UMD) Bulldogs - NCHC
39 Games... 19 Wins... 15 Losses... 5 Ties... *5 S/O's.....
.923 SV % ...... 1.92 GAA.....

Kas Is Here: Kasimir Kaskisuo 2012-2016 Goalie Highlights - TML

Sweet compilation again SEER! I knew you'd be right on top of things.

:cheers:

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Great work as always Seer! Biggest thing i took away from this was his movement. He moves really well and is very athletic and flexible. He looks like he is all over the place but doesnt really ever look out of place. Does a great job of staying with the puck even on rebounds. Playing deeper in his net allows him to do so

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
I find interesting with the Habs signing of a goaltender from the NCAA today.

Lindgren demanded in his contract playing time this year in the NHL - something very feasible for us to give. Not as easy for Montreal to do i.e. Scrivens on waivers.

Makes me more confident in our guy!

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I find interesting with the Habs signing of a goaltender from the NCAA today.

Lindgren demanded in his contract playing time this year in the NHL - something very feasible for us to give. Not as easy for Montreal to do i.e. Scrivens on waivers.

Makes me more confident in our guy!

In Shanny / Babcock era you earn your time. But in all seriousness, if he turns out half decent I am happy. We just need some options back in our nets. I am not fully sold on Bibeau / Sparks

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
That behind the back glove save I had to watch a few times. Love it.

Despite what a small minority says, height is important at the goalie position and I'm glad we're acquiring goalies with size AND skill.

:handclap:

Yeah... Only the 4th time I've seen it, in my life... The first two were in the late 60's-early 70's... (I think it was Eddie and Cheavers, but am not sure..?) ..and then of course, Drew MacIntyre with the Marlies.. Kas made it look like a "regular save" for him, though.. LOL! I almost added the post-game interview for that, because he wasn't happy with himself..

Fantastic compilation, thanks.

I'm a goalie myself, and I went from thinking "This kid has potential but is a bit too slow" in the first half of the video (most of which was older footage).
To thinking: damn, this kid might have something...at the end.

I think the main thing to take away from watching clips of this kid is how well he tracks the puck. His head is on a swivel and he has great anticipation. See when he comes cross crease and makes a couple big glove saves? Those weren't reactionary, he was tracking the players in the back door and tracking the puck at the same time.

That level of anticipating the play is sort of the 'X factor' in alot of NHL goalies.

Also, kid has the flexibility and size you need in the show.
We will see how he does with the Marlies.

A couple negatives is he needs to challenge more and plays too much of a straight up butterfly style. Things a goalie coach can work on.

I don't usually like tall goalies, because I findf a lot of them are a bit awjward... and not as fast as shorter ones, but Kas does impress me with his felxibility, accuracy and speed.. Agreed..

Sweet compilation again SEER! I knew you'd be right on top of things.

:cheers:

Thanks to all of you, for the compliments... All I could find in the first half hour of my searcH, were a few of the oldies.. and the behind the back save.. (I think there are ten or more loads of it.., LOL!

It took a lot of keuwordds and much more time to find the 2014-15 longer segments, though... I was starting to think that he was a London Knight or something... ha-ha!

Great work as always Seer! Biggest thing i took away from this was his movement. He moves really well and is very athletic and flexible. He looks like he is all over the place but doesnt really ever look out of place. Does a great job of staying with the puck even on rebounds. Playing deeper in his net allows him to do so

Agreed.. And I didnt see much panic in any of his play over the years...... N ow if he can just be as tough as MacIntyre with gettting rolled over.. Mac has rarely ever missed a game with an injury, in over ten seasons, now..

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
This is the post-game interview I mentioned in my earler post.., from the game with the "behind-the-back save"...

Most young players would be enjoying havin g their ego stroked.. and would be bathing in the glory./., but it's nice to see that Kas <--(and this is what they call him) ... has his ego in check and focuses on improving..

UMD-2, Miami Ohio-3 Post Game (10/31/14)

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Judging by the previous discussion, I hereby announce the notion that we refer to this player as 'He Who Destroys Glory and Burns Swamps', in all things and at all times.

Not only your villages but even the swamps.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Is he ever.

With the Marlies:

GP Min GA SO GAA W L Svs Pct
4 244 6 1 1.47 4 0 114 0.950

Right when we need it. Bibeau was struggling in Sparks absence. With Sparks back its good to know we have two goalies we can rely on right now in the upcoming playoffs.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
My 2nd highlight-montage for.., Kasimir Kaskisuo....., ..who played goal with the 2016-17 Toronto Marlies, in the AHL...
and also with the Orlando Solar Bears (ECHL), for the first part of the 2016-17 season.....

Kas shoed a lot of improvement over his two Marlie games from last season.. and was the number one Marlies goaltender
in the 2017 AHL Playoffs... I think he will have a strong Leafs 2017-18 pre-season camp & games..

1297878538776_ORIGINAL.jpg

Kasimir Kaskisuo
Goalie
Born Oct 2 1993 -- Vantaa, Finland
23 yrs. ago
Height 6.03 -- Weight 202

RECENT STATS:

2015-16 Univ. Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs - NCHC
39 Games... 19 Wins... 15 Losses... 5 Ties... *5 S/O's
.923 SV% / 1.92 G.A.A.....
---------------------------------------------------------------
2015-16 Toronto Marlies - AHL
2 Games... 1 Win... 0 Losses... 1 Tie...
.906 SV% 3 / 2.40 G.A.A.....
*2016-17 Orlando Solar Bears - ECHL
32 Games... 14 Wins... 11 Losses... 2 Ties... *1 S/O
.899 SV% / 3.45 G.A.A.....
*2016-17 Toronto Marlies - AHL
7 Games... 5 Wins... 1 Loss... 0 Ties... *1 S/O
.934 SV% / 1.84 G.A.A.....
*2017 AHL PLAYOFFS
10 Games... 5 Wins... 3 Losses... 0 Ties... *1 S/O
.892 SV% / 2.66 G.A.A.....

Clips include: Many of Kasimir''s saves from some of his best 2016-17 season games.., with the Toronto Marlies & also with the Orlando Solar Bears.., including all the save footage available from his two season shut-outs..; clips from his amazing behind-the-back save with the Bulldogs, in 2016...; clips from a Leafs pre-season 2016 post game interview, in September..; three shoot-out saves from a Leafs pre-season game against Buffalo, in September 2016.. (Alex Nylander is denied, first) ....and various other 2016-2017 clips & photos...

K.K.'s Focus: Kasimir Kaskisuo 2016-17 Save Highlights - TML (HD)

Last edited:

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Sounds like a combination of russian and finnish player. Kasimir is more of a russian name and Kaskisuo is finnish. Maybe a root of both sides inside of this human. Leo Komarov is also mix of both these goods. Komarov has even a liethunian dirt on him also. But he is a finnish player of course. Wonder if this Kasimir Kaskisuo is a product of all this great Leo Komarovish movement toronto now really prefers. Interesting to see what kind of a human being does Kaskisuo look like.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Sounds like a combination of russian and finnish player. Kasimir is more of a russian name and Kaskisuo is finnish. Maybe a root of both sides inside of this human. Leo Komarov is also mix of both these goods. Komarov has even a liethunian dirt on him also. But he is a finnish player of course. Wonder if this Kasimir Kaskisuo is a product of all this great Leo Komarovish movement toronto now really prefers. Interesting to see what kind of a human being does Kaskisuo look like.

Leo Komarov was born in Estonia, which I guess was recently part of the Soviet Union, but Kasimir is not really a Russian name. It's pretty Finnish, even if it's not common.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Leo Komarov was born in Estonia, which I guess was recently part of the Soviet Union, but Kasimir is not really a Russian name. It's pretty Finnish, even if it's not common.
For real? Kasimir is from finland? I'ma believe that if so, but Komarov is a finnish guy that I know. He plays for the finnish lion team also. They got lions on their jerseys y'all seen those no?
But yeah I checked and Kommy is a finnish guy now. You might have it correct though if he was (born) in estonia. They probably checked that real fast to finland cause being embarrassed.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
For real? Kasimir is from finland? I'ma believe that if so, but Komarov is a finnish guy that I know. He plays for the finnish lion team also. They got lions on their jerseys y'all seen those no?
But yeah I checked and Kommy is a finnish guy now. You might have it correct though if he was (born) in estonia. They probably checked that real fast to finland cause being embarrassed.
Komarov is Russian in terms of ethnicity, though. Kaskisuo is probably wholly Suomi.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Komarov is Russian in terms of ethnicity, though. Kaskisuo is probably wholly Suomi.

No no no not at all. Not all russian. Komarov only plays for team Finland. He also talks the finnish the most. He also does not like russian players so much. He poo tangs them on the ice. Komarov also spends his summers at finland, he don't go russia no.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
No no no not at all. Not all russian. Komarov only plays for team Finland. He also talks the finnish the most. He also does not like russian players so much. He poo tangs them on the ice. Komarov also spends his summers at finland, he don't go russia no.
Maybe not too much hate as he played in the KHL for a stent.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Maybe not too much hate as he played in the KHL for a stent.
He played yeah in th KHL but many have. He also dominated there being their best team's first line center. He scored a-lot and won a lot. Komarov did hit everythang that moved there as he doesn't like avechkian type of players. He went there for the money and the fame.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
He's Russian in terms of ethnicity, though. The Russian community, including the Old Russian ones, are probably more distinct in Finland than a Trinidadian in Toronto. LOL

That isn't a negative. Diversity is a great thing and the "indigenous" multi-culturalism that you see in nations like Switzerland is pretty amazing to see in person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad