Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Goaltender Kasimir Kaskisuo

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
For real? Kasimir is from finland? I'ma believe that if so, but Komarov is a finnish guy that I know. He plays for the finnish lion team also. They got lions on their jerseys y'all seen those no?
But yeah I checked and Kommy is a finnish guy now. You might have it correct though if he was (born) in estonia. They probably checked that real fast to finland cause being embarrassed.

Komarov is ancestrally Russian and Finnish, was born in Soviet Estonia, raised in a Swedish-speaking village in Finland, and speaks English, Swedish, Russian, and Finnish. He's Toronto's Swedish speaking Finnish guy, born in Estonia to Russian parents. :laugh:
He plays internationally for Team Finland but holds dual Finnish-Russian citizenship, and lived in Russia for several years as an adult.

Kaskisuo, conversely, was born in Finland, raised in Finland, and would play for Finland internationally.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Leo Komarov was born in Estonia, which I guess was recently part of the Soviet Union, but Kasimir is not really a Russian name. It's pretty Finnish, even if it's not common.

I did a little research. Kasimir is a Slavic language first name. Kazimir is a super common Polish first name. Finns aren't Slavs but they have lived next to them for at least a millennium.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Komarov is ancestrally Russian and Finnish, was born in Soviet Estonia, raised in a Swedish-speaking village in Finland, and speaks English, Swedish, Russian, and Finnish. He's Toronto's Swedish speaking Finnish guy, born in Estonia to Russian parents. :laugh:
He plays internationally for Team Finland but holds dual Finnish-Russian citizenship, and lived in Russia for several years as an adult.

Kaskisuo, conversely, was born in Finland, raised in Finland, and would play for Finland internationally.

Now ich understands. This is fine and we'll go with that. After reading this evidense some human beings even understand better why Leo so fine with that ass. Mixed is real good. He finna do a whole lot a good thangs on our rear ends still. Got the best D-game almost from our squad out of (forwards). We are real fine now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad