Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Fraser Minten to ELC (3 years, $875k AAV) - Returned to Kamloops 2023-10-27

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
This was kinda expected. Minten isn’t far from being a regular NHL and that’s a huge accomplishment at the age of 19. He’ll back next year and wouldn’t be surprised if he replaced Kampf as 4C.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Lafferty was part of a larger trade that people are breaking down for themselves and claiming that their estimation of a second round pick is factual.
Exactly. They are thinking that 2nd roudner equals Lafferty when I wouldn't entirely agree with that either. I would argue some of that 2nd round pick value was to cover McCabe's leftover value that the 1st round pick could not fully cover.

horner

May 22, 2007
Fraser go have a great year buddy .
Loved watching you lay , get stronger and we will pencil you into the lineup next yr.
O let's make the wj team.
You and Cowen on the 4th line would be a blast.
29th prosect ranking my ass.

horner

May 22, 2007
This was kinda expected. Minten isn’t far from being a regular NHL and that’s a huge accomplishment at the age of 19. He’ll back next year and wouldn’t be surprised if he replaced Kampf as 4C.
Except for when we drafted Nylander Mathew's and Marner we have never had so many you layers on ELC's ready to play

Now
Knies Woll

1 year
Cowan Minten Robertson

2 yrs
Grebyonkin

Now find some to D prospects

Exciting times

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Kamloops is the worst team in the WHL this year 2 wins in 13 games. hopefully they will Trade Minten soon because He's basically on an island by himself in Kamloops.

They lost a ton of talent this summer. Minten will help but they will trade him to a contender for sure.

Reactions: Gallagbi

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
They lost a ton of talent this summer. Minten will help but they will trade him to a contender for sure.

I know why there bad not saying Kamloops is a bad org just the team is terrible and I feel like he has pretty much no help on this team and so I don't see it as a great place to improve on such a bad team. especially if the goal is for him to go back and work on his offensive game.

Reactions: SprDaVE

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I know why there bad not saying Kamloops is a bad org just the team is terrible and I feel like he has pretty much no help on this team and so I don't see it as a great place to improve on such a bad team. especially if the goal is for him to go back and work on his offensive game.

He just needs to play and play a lot and to get faster in his mobility. Talent around him will help for sure but sometimes being on an island talent wise makes you better in terms of making your own chances count.

Reactions: Buds17

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He just needs to play and play a lot and to get faster in his mobility. Talent around him will help for sure but sometimes being on an island talent wise makes you better in terms of making your own chances count.

So there is no reason he can't play the most minutes in all opportunities on the team.

PP, PK, ES it is all there for the taking.

And odds are he'll be available for the Marlies at end of regular season.

Or he goes to another team where, perhaps, he lines up behind their own stars, homegrown heroes?

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012

They've been at the top of the heap the last 5 years. Their entire top 6 is now in the AHL. They have the most winningiest coach and the 5th most winning is coach of all time.

CLEARLY they are going to trade him and get a boatload.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hearing minten being traded to Saskatoon

Fraser Minten Traded from Kamloops to Saskatoon

Minten’s journey took an interesting turn after playing four games with the Toronto Maple Leafs. He made the club out of camp, but it was clear he wasn’t quite NHL ready. Minten kept pace in the NHL, but was was sent back to junior. He could make a splash in the 2024-25 season. Once there Kamloops, named him team captain.

While his immediate impact in Toronto may not be this season, the young prospect has a bright future. Reflecting on his development, Minten emphasized the need to match the physicality and speed of NHL players, recognizing the challenges of creating time and space on the ice. His commitment to getting “bigger, faster, and being able to move up and down the ice smoothly and efficiently” underscores his determination to secure a lasting spot in the NHL.

Subsequently, Darren Dreger confirmed the news, stating, “Confirming. Fraser Minten has been traded from Kamloops to Saskatoon,” with rumors suggesting multiple first-round picks are part of the deal.

Fans eagerly await Minten’s progress in his new hockey home with the Saskatoon Blades.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Yes, they are a contender.
The Kamloops Blazers currently sit dead last in the B.C. Division, owners of a 5-13-2 record. Meanwhile, the Saskatoon Blades currently sit atop the East Division, boasting a 15-8-0 record.

Now with the Blades, Minten will have a real opportunity to do some damage with a contending team.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
The Kamloops Blazers currently sit dead last in the B.C. Division, owners of a 5-13-2 record. Meanwhile, the Saskatoon Blades currently sit atop the East Division, boasting a 15-8-0 record.

Now with the Blades, Minten will have a real opportunity to do some damage with a contending team.
Very unsettling year for him though.
Made the Leafs, back to jr, traded, WJC on the horizon.

Tough to keep the focus no doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad