Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Connor Carrick to a 2 year 1-way $750k AAV contract

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Nice!

Will be interesting to see who gets the last expansion protection slot. 2 year deal suggests Marincin might get it, needing someone to complete the experience requirements in Carrick. But they could also extend Marincin for 2 years as well.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Lou must be back in the office this week after his summer vacation as things appear to be getting done.

Actually i see him quite a bit. I work at York St and you can always catch Lou around lunchtime at Fit for Life sandwich bar.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Lou must be back in the office this week after his summer vacation as things appear to be getting done.

That's what I was thinking .. Seems like he took some time off after the UFA period once he signed the guys he wanted. Now he's back settling up some issues.

Wonder we'll see some trades to clarify the roster, or if at this point it's something that will be address around camp in September

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Great news. I hope he makes the team permanently this season. He looked like an NHL player both for the Leafs and the Marlies last season.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Not surprised, he's going to be a good player here.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Anyone else get Ian White vibes from Carrick?

Feisty small defender. Think Connor is more offensively inclined but they both seem like heart and soul guys.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Carrick's 18 points in 15 games lead the Marlies in playoff scoring and was there best player.

The bringing back of Polak for toughness seems to be his biggest road block now on the roster for that #3rd pairing RD spot along with battling Frankie C.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Actually i see him quite a bit. I work at York St and you can always catch Lou around lunchtime at Fit for Life sandwich bar.

:laugh: I would always be tempted to be like. "you know, you remind me of someone... "

That's what I was thinking .. Seems like he took some time off after the UFA period once he signed the guys he wanted. Now he's back settling up some issues.

Wonder we'll see some trades to clarify the roster, or if at this point it's something that will be address around camp in September

yah like. a little two week vacation more or less, get some arbitration stuff in, take another week off after that's done,maybe get Vesey, and the goalie and then it's go time.

(and my defenseman lou. don't forget my defenseman).

Mr Hockey*

Yes, because they both play LD.

He will take away the second pairing opportunity and any PP from Gardiner. He makes the dman lineup more flexible for Babcock and that will push Gardiner out... i'm just saying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad