Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Seems like scrub defenseman that should be in AHL shouldn't be throwing shade and kicking Val when he's down. I'm not one of those people that treats addiction as every other illness, but that seems kind of low.

I think it’s tough, drug addiction is a disease, but this is now multiple times he’s letting his team down, sometimes the best thing you can do is hear hard truths to get your life better.

I’m guessing Johnson probably doesn’t have a lot of time either with the shit he went through with his own parents stealing his money.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
It's also possible that he's not an addict, he's just an idiot who took the drug at an inopportune time and didn't think he'd get tested.
As others have said, addiction is no joke; but not every user, and not even every heavy-user is an addict. Sometimes you just decided that a calming bump/hit/whatever is what's needed the night before and then it backfires horribly and spectacularly despite you understanding the consequences...

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_0194.jpeg

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
See now what you have here is the Panthers showed up to play a hockey game and the Bruins showed up for a street fight.

Reactions: AirGut

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
The fight and want from the teams remaining is leaps higher than nyr. That's the most concerning thing. Not to mention the coaching staff not benching players or making any changes

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
-Boston allows nothing in close. THey are more than happy to let Florida throw as much rubber from above the circles as they please. They clearly paid attention to the fact that going into this game FLA has a 65-111 scoring chance/shot conversion rate. There's a lesson here for dealing with Carolina.
-Boston's conversion rate was 50/70 coming in. So they're the more efficient operation. In fact it's pretty much criminal that Boston needed 61 fewer shots to come up with only 15 fewer scoring chances. That's bonkers. FLA wastes a LOT of energy.
-Boston also stays in their diamond formation on defense with great discipline. FLA just looks like five guys doing whatever they want.
-I think on balance Boston is the better coached team. FLA has more pure talent.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Do these refs have money on the Panthers?

The fight and want from the teams remaining is leaps higher than nyr. That's the most concerning thing. Not to mention the coaching staff not benching players or making any changes
Anybody who watched the last couple of months of the season can see that Jones should be playing. Our 5 on 5 offense looked more dangerous when he was in there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad