Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Connor Carrick to a 2 year 1-way $750k AAV contract

SEER

Sep 21, 2015

connor-carrick-of-the-toronto-maple-leafs-shoots-the-puck-in-warmups-picture-id516080026

Connor Carrick

Defense -- shoots R
Born Apr 13 1994 -- Orland Park, IL
21 yrs. ago
Height 5.10 -- Weight 191

RECENT STATS:

2015-16 Washington Capitals - NHL
3 Games... 0 Goals... 0 Assists... 0 Points... -2
--------------------------------------------------------------
2015-16 Hershey Bears - AHL
47 Games... 10 Goals... 16 Assists... 26 Points... +23
2015-16 Toronto Maple Leafs - NHL
16 Games... 2 Goals... 2 Assists... 4 Points... -3
2015-16 Toronto Marlies - AHL
5 Games... 1 Goal... 2 Assists... 3 Points... +2
2016 AHL PLAYOFFS
15 Games... 7 Goals... 11 Assists... 18 Points... +8 *2PPG+

Catch & Release: Connor Carrick 2013-2016 Highlights - TML

Datsyukiam13

Jul 21, 2016
I have the highest of hopes for this kid, if he can do half of what he did in the AHL playoffs in the NHL I'm gonna be excited. I feel with our defense right now that he's next to Rielly. Cmon October!

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Took his game to another level last year.

He has the potential to be a top 4 dman.

Love this signing.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Solid little contract.

He'll start on the 3rd pairing and hopefully he gets a chance to come along slowly like they did with Rielly last year.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He is one of those players that always seems involved every shift. He has that jump that looks like he is comfortable playing aggressive.

He does look like player.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
He looked pretty good with Gardiner so I wonder if we see Rielly Zaistev
Gardiner Carrick
At some point?

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
There is going to be alot of competition to be in the top 4. :nod:

Very excited to see how the D plays out this year. I really expect Reilly and Gardiner to take another step. Everyone has had a full year to understand the systems and expectations of the new regime. Wasn't sure about Marincin at first but near the end of the season he was looking large and competent and more confident. LUV Carricks game and aggressive attitude, flashes of elite potential, guess we'll see. Not sure at all what to expect from Zaitsev but let's face it, if he's a decent top 6 it's a lost wallet, a top 4 and he's a bargain, anything more is a pure lottery win, and I trust babs and company to finally get an honest hardworking intelligent game from all our Leafs, and they all know it.

I honestly think the past year or 2 teams could lean on our younger D, since we had very little pushback in terms of pure offensive threats. Adding Matthews, Marner and Nylander ready to turn and burn should add a bit more hesitation towards a forecheck and stretch the ice just a bit.

I know many in here would luv to see a big trade for a stud d that would anchor everything going forward, but we may have some very real talent that can step up in our own system. Give our pretty competent young guys quality minutes with some much more talented players up front in an honest respected hardworking system and at worse they generate points and increase their value as younger + D. Let's play what we have for a year and if our number 1 isn't settled by then, take the plunge.

Last edited:

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
He will take away the second pairing opportunity and any PP from Gardiner. He makes the dman lineup more flexible for Babcock and that will push Gardiner out... i'm just saying

I like Carrick too, but I got some bad news for you. Carrick is a pile of trash compared to Gardiner. You don't trade a top end #3 LHD just because you got a #6 RHD with 2nd pairing POTENTIAL.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Carrick had an AAV of $783k on his last contract and now has a $750 AAV on his new one.

The difference is now its a 1-way deal and last one was a 2-way deal.

The 1 way deal suggests they believe he will be an NHL regular next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad