Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Connor Carrick to a 2 year 1-way $750k AAV contract

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He will take away the second pairing opportunity and any PP from Gardiner. He makes the dman lineup more flexible for Babcock and that will push Gardiner out... i'm just saying

Still doesn't make sense. Who takes the 2nd LD spot behind Rielly?

Rielly - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Carrick

Also didn't realize it's impossible to have two D on the PP.

Don't bash Gardiner, he's basically our best defenseman right now. And I'm one of the biggest Rielly fans on this board.

Billerdzzz

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario,Canada
Carrick's 18 points in 15 games lead the Marlies in playoff scoring and was there best player.

The bringing back of Polak for toughness seems to be his biggest road block now on the roster for that #3rd pairing RD spot along with battling Frankie C.

Looking forward to seeing what Connor can do. Glad Lou and Shanny didn't take him to arbitration.

He definitely deserves a shot after leading the Marlies in playoff scoring. He may stick with the Mariles if Frankie.C makes the cut. To me, Connor has been more impressive than Corrado, and hope he grabs one of the #5 or #6 D spots on the Leafs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Carrick makes the Team easily over Corrado.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
wow. that is quite a steal.

i really hope he can make some significant positive noise.

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
So is he a top 4 defender?

Does this fill in the defense?

Rielly
Zaitsev
Gardiner
Carrick

Definitely has the upside to.be that. Still think Marincin will get the opportunity beside Mo at least to start the year.

Lou himself said they consider carrick an 'A' prospect

Mr Hockey*

So is he a top 4 defender?

Does this fill in the defense?

Rielly
Zaitsev
Gardiner
Carrick

The impression I get from listening to Babcock in interviews, the Leafs are pushing Marincin into a top pairing position. (hoping anyways)

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
He will take away the second pairing opportunity and any PP from Gardiner. He makes the dman lineup more flexible for Babcock and that will push Gardiner out... i'm just saying

keep on just saying but don't expect anyone to take you seriously

Gardiner is criminally underrated as per usual

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015

Never looked at it that way but they are both offensive d so that could be the case. But the game is changing so having numerous offensive d isn't a bad thing either.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Ah excellent. Thought it only kicked in once a hearing was held.

Holland, Carrick and Frankie Corrado all filed for arbitration

1 waived, 1 signed and 1 still in the queue.

Leafs have all angles covered when it comes to buying out more players if they want to.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Does he seem like a nice guy?

I spoke to him once. Said hello and welcome to Toronto and we're lucky to have you here. He said Thanks. Short and sweet. :)

Actually you see quite a bit of Leafs management. I have met Tim Leiweike and Dave Nonis. Have heard some things about Brian Burke and his management style while he was with the Leafs and Nonis'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad