Leafs set to blow up roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorityRules*

LOL at Kessel giving a big middle finger to the city and fans. The worse he plays, the worse his trade value is and it's going downhill every game. By summer he'll get no more than a 2nd round pick. Keep up the good work buddy!!!!

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
LOL at Kessel giving a big middle finger to the city and fans. The worse he plays, the worse his trade value is and it's going downhill every game. By summer he'll get no more than a 2nd round pick. Keep up the good work buddy!!!!

"Giving a big middle finger to the city and fans"

"By summer he'll get no more than a 2nd round pick"

Way over the top

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

He is most certainly not a player that this logic applies to. Everyone knows what you get with Kessel. He will get the Leafs a tonne back in a trade.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
People hate on Phil, but without him the Leafs would have drafted much higher each of the last several seasons... oh wait...

MajorityRules*

He's uncoachable, a defensive liability, no heart and a cancer in the locker room and lately he's not scoring.

That type of player does not get you a much of anything. If he was on another team and the Leafs were going to trade for him, you'd be screaming if they gave up a 1st.

Oh wait, you already have screamed about that.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
He's uncoachable, a defensive liability, no heart and a cancer in the locker room and lately he's not scoring.

That type of player does not get you a much of anything. If he was on another team and the Leafs were going to trade for him, you'd be screaming if they gave up a 1st.

what's up with the hate ? Kessel used to be your boi

Leafspoison*

Stop saying bad things about him incase a GM reads your post...:laugh:

YOYOTCROSTER*

Did you watch Kessel watch shooter 3 feet away from him (his man) on game winner PRICELESS

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington

So you want Kessel to harm the Leafs as an organization and throw in the towel.

What kind of attitude is this to take?

What kind of example are you hoping he sets for young players and fans?

I have no idea what you'd hope to see accomplished like this.

Last I checked this team is called the Toronto Maple Leafs, not the Toronto Phil Kessels.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Also count me in on the consider to trade JvR camp. He is the highest trade value on the team besides Morgan.

He will probably be a dominant player until his mid 30's... that is if he can be resigned in 3 years at all... but for a truly efficient rebuild, if a stud C prospect or D prospect can be got, maybe in package with another player or prospect, he needs to be traded for it. No questions.

Otherwise hold on and see. But as for insulation, he does provide it, but so too can some bargain free agents who are coveted for their quality 'character'.

MajorityRules*

what's up with the hate ? Kessel used to be your boi

Wait there's more.
He's fat, in terrible physical shape, won't work out, doesn't skate during the summer....OH and he's AMERICAN!!!!!!!

Nobody is giving up a first for a train wreck like Kessel

I don't hate Kessel. I like him.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
For me, Phaneuf would be the first to go. This team won't truly turn the page till he's gone.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Like Jeff O'Neil said earlier right after the game on TSN radio I'll paraphrase..."At this point every single player should be looked at to be moved." Even JVR. Maybe Rielly is the only one you don't touch but the rest...try and see what you can get. JVR wasn't much better than the rest of the group tonight.

dougieg93

Pray for Parayko
Jun 17, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I don't think the rebuild would be as long as when JFJ left - I think we have some interesting prospects coming up. If we get a 1st and a 2nd rounder this draft, not to mention our own low 1st - I think we are in good shape. Look how Calgary is doing after having a successful draft rebuilding draft. I expected them to go through a long rebuild. Burke learned from his lesson and snagged that 1st line center right away (they also really lucked out with Giordano).

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Like Jeff O'Neil said earlier right after the game on TSN radio I'll paraphrase..."At this point every single player should be looked at to be moved." Even JVR. Maybe Rielly is the only one you don't touch but the rest...try and see what you can get. JVR wasn't much better than the rest of the group tonight.

I think I still keep him, JVR I mean. Komarov and Polak as well. I keep Rielly no matter what.

If we can be rid of Phaneuf, Kessel, and Bozak, I could live with what's left anyway. Certainly there's deficiencies, but the rest seem like they care, they just can't affect the game as well.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I think if you take Toews and Keith off the Hawks you pretty much get the Leafs. Kane would be the same player Kessel is.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
I think if you take Toews and Keith off the Hawks you pretty much get the Leafs. Kane would be the same player Kessel is.

The Hawks are the team they are because of Kane.. He's one of the best players in the world. He's not riding their coattails, he's helping to drive the damn ship.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
The Hawks are the team they are because of Kane.. He's one of the best players in the world. He's not riding their coattails, he's helping to drive the damn ship.

I think Kessel would be that motivated if we had a Toews and a Keith and our team was that good. I can see Kane being demotivated if he was on the Leafs in Kessel's situation. And I dont even blame Kessel. This team was built ass-backwards. Kessel is like Gaborik, they go to a team as the last piece of the puzzle, not the first piece.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
I think Kessel would be that motivated if we had a Toews and a Keith and our team was that good. I can see Kane being demotivated if he was on the Leafs in Kessel's situation. And I dont even blame Kessel. This team was built ass-backwards. Kessel is like Gaborik, they go to a team as the last piece of the puzzle, not the first piece.

Getting 8 million a year isn't enough motivation? Not stealing from your employer? But let's be honest, it's not like high character and Phil Kessel belong in the same sentence. He is what he is, a dynamic player when he has the puck in open space, and completely worthless/a liability when he isn't. Add his terrible contract along with his influence/lack of worth ethic on the rest of the lineup, and you get a mess

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Burke put together this gong show of a core and was and is still being praised for it by some of our fan base .

I want Nonis fired for continuing down the path Burke started us on but i don't understand this crap about DN not having the balls to make a deal . Just because he hasn't traded multiple firsts like his mentor did doesn't mean he doesn't have the nuts to make a trade .

i don't think Nonis is afraid to make a deal. i'm afraid that he is not competent enough to make a good one, or enough good ones. sure Burke put together a lot of this roster. Nonis was his assistant for most of that time but forget that even. Nonis re-signed the core players, thought Clarkson was a worthwhile investment for where the team was at, traded three 2nd round picks in a year, tried to trade for Josh Gorges last summer.

again my main concern with Nonis is that he wasn't convinced that this was a bad team as recently as like four months ago. he traded picks in the summer, took on salary, was willing to get older on the blueline even. and now he has at least some responsibility for turning it around. it's just puzzling.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
like what does improvement look like to him? i think that's a valid question to ask. again, less than a year ago Gunnar and a 4th for Polak was an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad