Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Please hockey gods, let the Sens win this game.

I will do anything you want me to do if the Sens win, even if it involves me going streaking in my neighborhood while singing a Justin Bieber song.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
After what happened in the last 5 games for the Leafs, and the jerseys thrown on the ACC, I think the Leafs will come out strong and I have a feeling hey might get out of the cold spell tonight. I project a Sens loss.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Please hockey gods, let the Sens win this game.

I will do anything you want me to do if the Sens win, even if it involves me going streaking in my neighborhood while singing a Justin Bieber song.

If you live around me, god I hope we lose badly tonight. :laugh:

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
After what happened in the last 5 games for the Leafs, and the jerseys thrown on the ACC, I think the Leafs will come out strong and I have a feeling hey might get out of the cold spell tonight. I project a Sens loss.

Plus, they're pretty good at home...:sarcasm:

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I've never seen $35 tickets to a Leafs games on stubhub. Usually it's closer to $100. Looks like their fans have given up on the team.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I've never seen $35 tickets to a Leafs games on stubhub. Usually it's closer to $100. Looks like their fans have given up on the team.

Most Leaf fans want to tank now. They are 9 points out of a playoff spot. They are finished in my opinion. If they lose tonight, the Sens will actually jump over the Leafs in the standings being that we have 2 games in hand against them.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I really want to put 50$ on the leafs, it would result in me getting 60$ for school, but if I **** up im in more debt... the struggle.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
It's a bad decision to start ANY goalie off a back-to-back...statistically it's been proven that the level of play dips from one game to the next.

Add to that Anderson facing 35 shots last night as well as playing OT and its a bad recipe.

I don't like this decision at all. Have some faith in Lehner to get his game back. This is botching his development when you're not even giving him the starts other back-ups get.

Just reading through the thread so sorry if anyone has already said this, but this is not quite true. Really good work that has recently been done has shown that the effect of back-to-back starts varies from goalie to goalie. You also have to take into account how your backup is playing as well, and do a type of cost-benefit analysis.

For example, if Andy is a .925 he may regress to around .910 on the second of back to back games (hypothetically, not real numbers). If Lehner is giving you sub-.900 starts because he is slumping then Andy gives you the best chance to win even though he is doing a back to back.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Slap in the face to Lehner starting Anderson. Bad move Cameron, bad move.

Lehner wanted a fair chance to become the #1 this season.

The fair chance was given, and he made it evident Andy is still the #1.

A professional should be able to realize he has not performed, and understand why he isn't being used currently. Cameron has decided Andy will give him the better chance to win, and Lehner will have many future chances to prove him wrong.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Just reading through the thread so sorry if anyone has already said this, but this is not quite true. Really good work that has recently been done has shown that the effect of back-to-back starts varies from goalie to goalie. You also have to take into account how your backup is playing as well, and do a type of cost-benefit analysis.

For example, if Andy is a .925 he may regress to around .910 on the second of back to back games (hypothetically, not real numbers). If Lehner is giving you sub-.900 starts because he is slumping then Andy gives you the best chance to win even though he is doing a back to back.

Micklebot did a nice breakdown on the how the degradation in Anderson's save percentage is still better than Lehner's current save percentage.

I still think it's better to give Lehner this start. Leafs are definitely a bottom-caliber team which he can work to get his game back with.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
Micklebot did a nice breakdown on the how the degradation in Anderson's save percentage is still better than Lehner's current save percentage.

I still think it's better to give Lehner this start. Leafs are definitely a bottom-caliber team which he can work to get his game back with.

I don't disagree with this at all, and I would give Lehner the start too. My only point was with the back-to-back thing.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Lehner wanted a fair chance to become the #1 this season.

The fair chance was given, and he made it evident Andy is still the #1.

A professional should be able to realize he has not performed, and understand why he isn't being used currently. Cameron has decided Andy will give him the better chance to win, and Lehner will have many future chances to prove him wrong.
I understand Andy getting the bulk of the games, but not starting Lehner on the second night of back to back games... when the first game was on the road... slap in the face.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
The Sens will hit the post 15 times, and the Leafs will win 1-0 in OT (just so we can pocket the loser point) when a shot takes a weird bounce against the back board, hits Methot on the nose and slowly rolls into our net going between Mr Anderson's wickets.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
If we can make it through the first 7 or 8 minutes without giving up multiple goals we'll be fine. History tells us this will be a challenge.

I'm actually glad we are playing the Leafs. At least it is something I can get passionate about, due to my blind hatred of all Toronto sports teams.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011

Agreed. Lehner has only himself to blame for not starting in more games going forward. But, I disagree that Robin will have many chances to prove Dave wrong. Robin's time here in Ottawa is not guaranteed.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
The Sens will hit the post 15 times, and the Leafs will win 1-0 in OT (just so we can pocket the loser point) when a shot takes a weird bounce against the back board, hits Methot on the nose and slowly rolls into our net going between Mr Anderson's wickets.

And Methot will somehow re injure his back through this process.

And we will sing the Celebration song no more.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I'm optimistic.

Based on how bad the leafs have looked and how good the sens have looked i think we win by at least 3 goals.

To heck with history theres no magic pixie dust that makes Riemer play better against ottawa.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
So still no word on if Lazar actually plays eh? He should really take Legwand's spot if there's any fairness to Cameron's decisions at all.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
We need 50 pts in the last 37 games to barely make the playoffs

Delusional

For tonight even though I would love to crush the leafs

I feel like a 2nd period 4 goals collapse is in the air:help:

Delusional? or dangerously sane?
:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad