Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Leafs have have scored 2 goals in their last 5 games, have lost 5 straight, and have only won 3 in their last 16 games.

--------- GP W L OTL P
Toronto 47 22 22 3 47
Ottawa 45 18 18 9 45

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Leafs have have scored 2 goals in their last 5 games, have lost 5 straight, and have only won 3 in their last 16 games.

--------- GP W L OTL P
Toronto 47 22 22 3 47
Ottawa 45 18 18 9 45

Leafs will explode for 6 goals and shut out Ottawa.

Because for some reason, that's how this team rolls. Ottawa Slumpbusters.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yup I see the beginning of a toronto win streak in our near future.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
This game isn't gonna be as bad as the rest since I am more interested in a draft spot.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

--------- GP W L OTL P
Toronto 47 22 22 3 47
Ottawa 45 18 18 9 45

So what you're saying is 4-3 leafs after a 3 goal sens collapse in the 3rd?:sarcasm:

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
It makes me sick that I am worried about this game in the sense that we all expect to get rocked by a slumping Leafs team. If we want to be glass half full I suppose Lehner has as much likelihood of playing well as the Leafs do so I'm going to go with that. Hope Methot continues his strong play and we can win a meaningless game against the Leafs (if there is ever one of those)

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Is Lehner starting? They discussed on the radio last night that Cameron would consider starting Anderson again and that he's going to ride him until they are effectively eliminated.

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
Is Lehner starting? They discussed on the radio last night that Cameron would consider starting Anderson again and that he's going to ride him until they are effectively eliminated.

Ah, I believe I read an early report or speculation that Lehner was starting and just went with it lol. I'm good either way, let's just get the win.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators
#Sens head coach Dave Cameron confirms that Craig Anderson will start in goal tonight against the Maple Leafs.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators
#Sens head coach Dave Cameron confirms that Craig Anderson will start in goal tonight against the Maple Leafs.

I think that's a mistake by Cameron. Lehner should be starting. Me thinks the organization is not as high on Lehner as they once were.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Lehner will get his chance once the sens start selling

Till then the orangization still believes we have a chance at the playoffs and therefore the best goalie plays

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
It's a bad decision to start ANY goalie off a back-to-back...statistically it's been proven that the level of play dips from one game to the next.

Add to that Anderson facing 35 shots last night as well as playing OT and its a bad recipe.

I don't like this decision at all. Have some faith in Lehner to get his game back. This is botching his development when you're not even giving him the starts other back-ups get.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I can't watch these games with any emotion. Sens have beaten it out if me and we usually lose to the leafs.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Yeahh, I'm not big on that. Lehner hasn't been on top of his game, but sitting him longer isn't going to make that any better. Teams don't generally start starters back-to-back unless someone's injured, and even then it's usually worth giving a call-up a look.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It's a bad decision to start ANY goalie off a back-to-back...statistically it's been proven that the level of play dips from one game to the next.

Add to that Anderson facing 35 shots last night as well as playing OT and its a bad recipe.

I don't like this decision at all. Have some faith in Lehner to get his game back. This is botching his development when you're not even giving him the starts other back-ups get.

It's been shown that on average a goalies Sv% drops to below league average in a back to back, if I remember correctly, to somewhere around .905 for starters.

The thing is, Lehner hasn't been giving us .900 Sv% hockey of late, so even with the expected drop in Anderson's numbers, it will likely still be better than the expected results from Lehner (as of late).

People have spun the whole never start your goalie on both ends of a back to back too far. There are cases where it definately makes sense, for example, when your starter is significantly better than your backup.

Found the article,
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...a-flyers-goaltending-stats-back-to-back-games

Basically, a rested goalie saves about 1% more shots, so if Lehner is stoping .900 and Anderson is stoping .927, you're still better off with Anderson in nets tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad