Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
If anything, it's just meant to send a message to Lehner to step up his game.

I wouldn't dig too deep into it other than that.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think that's a mistake by Cameron. Lehner should be starting. Me thinks the organization is not as high on Lehner as they once were.

Lehner has been terrible for a while now

If he wants to get more starts he needs to stop sucking

I think it's pretty clear management doesn't think very highly of him right now and that he forced his way into the NHL is probably something they hold against him

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Lehner has been terrible for a while now

If he wants to get more starts he needs to stop sucking

I think it's pretty clear management doesn't think very highly of him right now and that he forced his way into the NHL is probably something they hold against him

Yeah, he's been terrible. But he's not going to get better by sitting for prolonged amounts of time. He should be starting irregardless how he's playing. This is a young goalie you are trying to develop here.

Unless there has been a shift in the mindset, and the rumours that he's been discussed in trades is true.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
It looks like most Leaf fans are in full out tank mode.

While I see the advantage for the Sens in finishing lower in the standings to get a better draft pick, losing to the Leafs seems like one step too far.

By the way it sounds as though Chris Phillips has taken extreme measures to make
sure hes not a healthy scratch.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Wow, just looking at the betting rates for this game, the sens are actually the favourites :amazed:

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
They better not light us up or I'll be pissed.

The Leafs are an incredibly dysfunctional and inept team. They suck ass and on paper far worse than us but for some strange reason they always seem to get the best of us? I ****ing hate them with a passion! Just like we own the Habs, Toronto has our number?? :rant:

More of the same tonight. Leafs win huge. Kessel with a hatty, Anderson get yanked and we ruin their tank-fest intentions! :D

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I agree with the coach: let's ride Mr Anderson till we're out of the playoff race. Then we can give Lehner all the starts he needs.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Maybe things will be different tonight. Both teams have new coaches. Maybe the Leafs curse will end tonight.

Oh who am i kidding. It will probably be 3-1 Leafs by the end of the 1st period.

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
Maybe things will be different tonight. Both teams have new coaches. Maybe the Leafs curse will end tonight.

Oh who am i kidding. It will probably be 3-1 Leafs by the end of the 1st period.

Ha. I'll feel more comfortable if we're down by two after the first. It seems that most times Ottawa scores first we lose. Yet somehow we always manage to play better hockey when we're behind.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yeah, he's been terrible. But he's not going to get better by sitting for prolonged amounts of time. He should be starting irregardless how he's playing. This is a young goalie you are trying to develop here.

Unless there has been a shift in the mindset, and the rumours that he's been discussed in trades is true.

Why can't he get better by sitting? The stuff he needs to work on are the exact things you work in in practice. Rebound control, angles, knowing your net.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
It's a bad decision to start ANY goalie off a back-to-back...statistically it's been proven that the level of play dips from one game to the next.

Add to that Anderson facing 35 shots last night as well as playing OT and its a bad recipe.

I don't like this decision at all. Have some faith in Lehner to get his game back. This is botching his development when you're not even giving him the starts other back-ups get.

This is my feeling too. It does not do well for Anderson's play or Lehner's confidence.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Anyone else have a gut feeling that the Leafs will break out of their slump tonight? It's just the Senators thing to do. "Sigh"

Oh, everyone thinks this.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Why can't he get better by sitting? The stuff he needs to work on are the exact things you work in in practice. Rebound control, angles, knowing your net.

Sure, but I believe you get better by playing in real in game situations that you can't replicate in a practice scenario. He is a young goalie, he needs game experience.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Anyone else have a gut feeling that the Leafs will break out of their slump tonight? It's just the Senators thing to do. "Sigh"

Yep. The Leafs will finally be able to score this game, but go back to being shutout the next game. :laugh::cry:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Predictable negativity FTW. Again.

If we win I'm gonna re-post all the terrible posts in the first few pages and serve different crows to each poster.

I think Ottawa will win this game handily... the Leafs new system is not helping its offensive players.

That's the spirit!

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Predictable negativity FTW. Again.

If we win I'm gonna re-post all the terrible posts in the first few pages and serve different crows to each poster.

That's the spirit!

My apologies.

Give me a S...Give me a E... Give me a N...Give me a S... What's that spell?! :sarcasm:

Sens got this. We retake our arena and shoo away the Laffs fans..

If any Laff fans through their jerseys on our ice, have sparty go on the ice and throw it back at them.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
My apologies.

Give me a S...Give me a E... Give me a N...Give me a S... What's that spell?! :sarcasm:

Sens got this. We retake our arena and shoo away the Laffs fans..

If any Laff fans through their jerseys on our ice, have sparty go on the ice and throw it back at them.

Haha, you're not so bad. The first page of this thread is lame.

Sparty should have a Master Blaster but it turns out to be a flame thrower and he burns the jerseys at centre ice.

Join the negativity ? :dunno:

Indeed. :laugh:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sens will blow out Toronto.

New team work ethic identity. New Karlsson play, Anderson playing lights out.

I expect big games from Pageau and Lazar they the type of players that love playing against TML.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Lehner will get his chance once the sens start selling

Till then the orangization still believes we have a chance at the playoffs and therefore the best goalie plays

We need 50 pts in the last 37 games to barely make the playoffs

Delusional

For tonight even though I would love to crush the leafs

I feel like a 2nd period 4 goals collapse is in the air:help:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Sens will blow out Toronto.

New team work ethic identity. New Karlsson play, Anderson playing lights out.

I expect big games from Pageau and Lazar they the type of players that love playing against TML.

It'd be nice if this was the game Mac could really get going again. I'd hate to have another "I told you Mac was a disappearing act!" ordeal with Leaf posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad