GDT: Leafs @ Sens | Saturday, February 23 | 7 PM | Not Another Crappy Paint GDT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Healy is consistently full of it but I would have given Zibby the second star right behind Greening tonight.

I don't think he understands the difference between star of the game and star/player of the week.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Bishop will start against Montreal ... no reason to switch to Lehner ... keep the hot goalie in net ...

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
Benoit is much better than I thought it's surprising no one gave him a serious chance. I don't see him going back down this season even if he rotates in and out with other D.

I think his size was quoted as being the reason he wasn't called up to the NHL, but my observation is he is tougher than he looks and plays with intelligence.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
As a Leaf fan, I am impressed.

You guys are down your #1 G, #1 C, #1 D and #1 RW and yet you guys are still on a 4 game win streak.

Now, I am not going to say you guys dominated us, because neither team really had a great game. However, the difference was two bobbled picks by one of our goalies, and it wasn't yours.

Kudos for the win guys, and don't worry.... we will kill you guys next time ;)

benr

Mar 7, 2011
Condra is sneaky good. Also loving Zibanejad and Methots hit on Kadri

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I think his size was quoted as being the reason he wasn't called up to the NHL, but my observation is he is tougher than he looks and plays with intelligence.
It's his size + his average foot speed. Most smaller defensemen in the NHL have good skating ability to make up for it.

I'm not convinced he's more than a 7th defenseman at the NHL level on a Cup contender, but hey, it's working for the Sens right now.

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
Bishop will start against Montreal ... no reason to switch to Lehner ... keep the hot goalie in net ...

Dunno. I'm not sure I'd call Bishop "hot". It's not like he had many tough chances to deal with. I'd like to see what Lehner can do.

BigZKingK

Mar 4, 2012
to celebrate let's all lissn to this masterpiece again

I love Zibby's game when he's on

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Looks like they screwed up the order. Team 1200 had him as the third star.

I was thinking that too. Once NHL.com had Jay-Bo as the first star when he had no points, and was -1. IIRC two players on the opposing team each had 2 goals and they were 2nd and 3rd stars.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
All dat toughness doh

Edit: To give the leafs credit they did have a tough time breaking out of the zone.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Someone posted a gif on Reddit. Best part of the game, IMO

ZackSmithLunge.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad