GDT: Leafs @ Sens | Saturday, February 23 | 7 PM | Not Another Crappy Paint GDT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACLEVERNAME

No content.
Jan 6, 2010
Oof...
I wonder how all those leaf fans who decided to 'protest' our game by buying $300 tickets are doing right now. You can buy a lot of waffles with that kind of scratch.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
Someone posted a gif on Reddit. Best part of the game, IMO

ZackSmithLunge.png

Between this and Methot flipping Kadri over his hip, I was pretty satisfied with the game win or lose :laugh:

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Dunno. I'm not sure I'd call Bishop "hot". It's not like he had many tough chances to deal with. I'd like to see what Lehner can do.

He won, no need to say more ... I don't see why you wouldn't start him. If he wins on Monday against Montreal then I think he starts against Boston too. If not, then maybe we see Lehner against Boston otherwise maybe not until the back to back against the Islanders.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
It's his size + his average foot speed. Most smaller defensemen in the NHL have good skating ability to make up for it.

I'm not convinced he's more than a 7th defenseman at the NHL level on a Cup contender, but hey, it's working for the Sens right now.

I agree that Benoit is not the fastest or the biggest and may not be more than a 7th or an injury fill-in 6th but we've suffered a lot worse over the last few years. The way he joins the play and shoots means the opposing players have to keep an eye on him which frees up someone else. I like him a lot better than Gilroy or Lee.

BigZKingK

Mar 4, 2012
He won, no need to say more ... I don't see why you wouldn't start him. If he wins on Monday against Montreal then I think he starts against Boston too. If not, then maybe we see Lehner against Boston otherwise maybe not until the back to back against the Islanders.

Agreed

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
What an awesome game to be at live... Awesome atmosphere at the game...

Building hasnt been that fired up since the Turris OT winner in the playoffs...

StoneColdFlower*

This isn't an insult, but I don't understand how you guys are winning with the roster you're icing right now. And it's not as though you're just beating bottom feeders. I picture Pittsburgh without Crosby, Letang, Neal, or Fleury and it's a pretty sorry sight.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This isn't an insult, but I don't understand how you guys are winning with the roster you're icing right now. And it's not as though you're just beating bottom feeders. I picture Pittsburgh without Crosby, Letang, Neal, or Fleury and it's a pretty sorry sight.

Two words:

Paul MacLean :nod:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
:laugh: Simpson on the team 1200 right now is saying that Maclean has DD & Grant in the lineup because he likes there size as opposed to the skill of Prince or Pageau lol ....

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Leading the league in GA/game by a lot. I would've never thought that...

EDIT: Chicago's closer than I thought, but still.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site

I don't get it and I'm a fan.

Hard work, coaching, a lot of heart and some luck, IMO.

Love it though.:handclap:

The King of Town

Jan 26, 2004
Free Country

Don't worry, nobody's going to take that as an insult.

Honestly I'm not sure I understand either. The only thing that's for sure: I've never seen a Sens team work as hard as these guys do.

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff

Sens are probably the hardest working team in the league, and the Stache has influenced a lot of that.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

Lehner on Monday, Ben needs to relax.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010

We definitely appreciate that. 4 wins is huge, but a couple of shootout wins and a little bit of luck never hurts.

Also, I don't know if you've forgotten, but Bylsma had to do something similar at the end of 2011, finishing 4th place in the conference without Crosby or Malkin. I respected him a ton as a coach after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad