GDT: Leafs @ Sens | Saturday, February 23 | 7 PM | Not Another Crappy Paint GDT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
:laugh: Simpson on the team 1200 right now is saying that Maclean has DD & Grant in the lineup because he likes there size as opposed to the skill of Prince or Pageau lol ....

Yeah, dumb. Should've just said Da Costa since neither Prince or Pageau are NHL ready.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
:laugh: Simpson on the team 1200 right now is saying that Maclean has DD & Grant in the lineup because he likes there size as opposed to the skill of Prince or Pageau lol ....

While I would agree they are bigger, they are also better than Prince or Pageau right now.

Simpson is a a**h*** in my opinion.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
While I would agree they are bigger, they are also better than Prince or Pageau right now.

Simpson is a a**h*** in my opinion.

He's ok, seriously he's not a good judge of talent, hence being a radio guy in Ottawa instead of a scout in Toronto.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
This isn't an insult, but I don't understand how you guys are winning with the roster you're icing right now. And it's not as though you're just beating bottom feeders. I picture Pittsburgh without Crosby, Letang, Neal, or Fleury and it's a pretty sorry sight.

Crosby, Letang, Neal OR Fluery? Try and.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Crosby, Letang, Neal OR Fluery? Try and.

Incoming grammar nazi post:

The use of 'or' is okay in this case. It's the equivalent of saying "I picture Pittsburgh without Crosby or Letang or Neal or Fleury," just like Ottawa is presently playing without Spezza or Karlsson or Michalek or Anderson.

utah

Apr 12, 2006
We definitely appreciate that. 4 wins is huge, but a couple of shootout wins and a little bit of luck never hurts.

Also, I don't know if you've forgotten, but Bylsma had to do something similar at the end of 2011, finishing 4th place in the conference without Crosby or Malkin. I respected him a ton as a coach after that.

I was thinking about how Ottawa's current situation mirrors the Penguins in 2011. At the time, I couldn't get over the fact that the Pens continued to play well and win.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC

It makes sense considering the roles those two are filling. Prince and pageau would only work if we were in desperate need of top 6 talent. Right now who we have in our top 6 are better than prince and pageau. Therefore DD and Grant make more sense filling in the bottom 6 because that's what they're made for.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
I am not afraid to admit when Karlsson/Spezza went done I was all "that's the game!". Ridiculous that this team is staying in the mix. Could not be prouder to be an Ottawa fan right now. My brain still says it is pointless to make the playoffs without our best players, but hey it teaches the other guys how to step up in key situations.

TheOriginalSilf*

Just got back from the game and... wow.

Best live Sens moment I've ever experienced. Unbelievable atmosphere tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad