GDT: Leafs @ Senators Pre-season game 2 TSN4 &5

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'm excited to see Lindholm play. This will be a good chance to see what that line can do in a top 6 role.

Also, really hoping that Zaitsev looks in good form. With his contract, we really need him to be good.

It will also be great to see Matthews back in action. I may be wrong, but is this the first game that we've ever seen with Matthews not starting on the same line as Hyman? I don't think he's ever started a regular season game without Hyman on his LW. I think that line will look great... and Nylander is a massive upgrade over Ennis... so it will be exciting to see Matthews unleashed!

Reactions: Critical91

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
What was so bad last night? They had no choice with the camera?

Are you talking about intermission? Outside of kypereos I like the rest
They were good last night. If they keep amber hosting this could be the year they turn it around.

Reactions: Walshy7

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I agree with you but I'll give sportsnet credit where it's due. They got rid of romanuk, Millen and millard.

I've seen no evidence that Millen won't be doing Leaf games on Sportsnet again this year. Galley has done the occasional national Leaf game before.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I have no idea why Babcock thought Ennis would be the best replacement for Nylander. he's not even a natural right winger, nor is he any better than a mediocre 4th liner. Seems like a familiar story though

I think it's two-fold. One, they don't want to mess up the other lines that they are planning on using. Two, they have hope for Ennis as a reclamation project and want to get a good look at him.

Reactions: canadon

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
From my experience I would guess it is to get away from the mother in law.
laughing-crying-the-office-12.gif

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I've seen no evidence that Millen won't be doing Leaf games on Sportsnet again this year. Galley has done the occasional national Leaf game before.

he also does alot of ottawa games so possibly they just got him in becuase A: millen wasnt available and B: its adds a bit of a ottawa known guy

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Putting Ennis on the top line instead of someone who will be actually on the team is idiotic. Put Kappy on the top line.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Putting Ennis on the top line instead of someone who will be actually on the team is idiotic. Put Kappy on the top line.

Been getting vibes from management that Ennis was signed to be on the team.

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
What if Nylander misses some regular season games? I'd rather have Kapanen on that line

Even if he does hold out a few games into the season, Ennis will be fine there temporarily. Mixing more than one line around waiting for Nylander will do more harm then good imo

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
It's also a tryout for Ennis on that line. He'll need to play well for them to consider that in the regular season should circumstances arise

Reactions: Schooner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad