Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
How? Over Rielly, Gardiner and Dermott?
no

but Hainsey sure looked like a #7/8 last night, he was horribad last night

Gardiner - Rielly

Dermott - Zaitsev

Rosen - Borgman

I'd need to see more of Ozhiganov, but there's a possibility he may supplant Hainsey in the line-up, if Hainsey doesn't or can't pull his socks up, and to be frank his skating was ponderous and he made a lot of poor decisions with the puck, it may be because it's early and he's a slow starter, but just because he did yeoman service last year doesn't mean he's owed a roster spot

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
no

but Hainsey sure looked like a #7/8 last night, he was horribad last night

Gardiner - Rielly

Dermott - Zaitsev

Rosen - Borgman

I'd need to see more of Ozhiganov, but there's a possibility he may supplant Hainsey in the line-up, if Hainsey doesn't or can't pull his socks up, and to be frank his skating was ponderous and he made a lot of poor decisions with the puck, it may be because it's early and he's a slow starter, but just because he did yeoman service last year doesn't mean he's owed a roster spot

Carrick > Rosen/Borgman.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Unless they plan on benching Jake or Zaitsev, I don't see it.

Jake did have a baby yesterday, why is he even practicing.
playing LoVerde over Timothy would be incredibly pointless and annoying though. Even Marincin over Sandin is questionable.

As for Gardiner, I could see him not playing. it's only a preseason game

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Carrick > Rosen/Borgman.

alrighty then, there is a possibility he could be, but Borgman was the best Dman on the ice last night and from what I saw of Rosen in the CC playoffs, he's not the same guy who "almost" made the team last year if not for an injury

I'll give you a scouting report tomorrow, I'll be there tonight

Reactions: Morgs

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I'm excited to see how Marleau and Matthews work together. Been reading and hearing that Matthews has taken an extra step this summer, we all kind of assumed this would be a big year for him.
Hoping those one-timer practices are paying off with Matthews and Marleau!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
All eyes on Lindholm tonight. Let's see if he can skate.

And actually, all 3 of those defense pairs are going to be interesting to watch too.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

And actually, all 3 of those defense pairs are going to be interesting to watch too.

Yup big test to play with 2 fast players. He doesn't have much competition though.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Gardiner and LoVerde stayed on the ice after <a href="News about #Leafs on Twitter">#Leafs</a> morning skate was over, indicating they likely won&#39;t be part of the tonight&#39;s game group. Gardiner missed practice yesterday following the birth of his son. <br><br>Other pairs:<br>Marincin-Zaitsev<br>Rosen-Carrick<br>Liljegren-Sandin</p>&mdash; Kristen Shilton (@kristen_shilton) <a href="">September 19, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Oh this was posted earlier... my bad. . Anyway... Looking forward to see how the d pairings do.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Sandin - Lily should be fun hopefully they get a decent run it is preseason after all.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
that's not the point.
the argument is everyone knows everything about the leafs and they can't have their privacy. that's not the case.
I remember a time before Twitter was around and this was in the early 2000's if a Leafs player wife just had a baby, Joe Bowen would say and that goal was scored for baby _____ insert name right there for his next goal that he scored. So did he need to even bother mentioning it during the broadcast?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Tonight's line up as a whole has more appeal to watch since they're more fringe guys and prospects

Reactions: Morgs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad