Post-Game Talk: Leafs roll on the hapless Canucks 6-3 (Warnings in OP and 581)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
lol...logic escapes many on this forum. Taking freeze frames doesn't 'clarify' the situation. The picture they posted was of Kadri already following through with the hit - it's basics physics that the momentum could lift him off his skates a bit, especially when you consider that he is a smaller player colliding with a player bigger than him. That is not equivalent to taking a running jump at someone. Find a freeze frame of Kadri with his skates off the ice BEFORE any contact is made. Just inventing new things to be outraged with by the play. It's also Kadri's fault that he didn't do up Sedin's helmet before the hit.

Yep the pic they posted was clearly after initial contact. Could have lifted his foot to skate away or keep his balance. Canuck fans living to close to the Ocean may cause their saltiness

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Anyone else find this stuff fun to talk about for a while then reach that point when the next game can't come soon enough?

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I mean anti-fighting in the sense that he's not the kind of coach to go looking for that sort of ruckus, not that he's totally opposed to it.

Martin wasn't signed to be an enforcer, and he didn't send out Martin for retribution. In the interview he said he told him "make sure there's no trouble and just finish the game off". That doesn't seem to me like he wanted him to go out and start a fight.

Hes not gonna tell the media what he actually sent martin out to do. Come on man, you know better. Read betweem the lines

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto

From the general thread on the main board (currently somewhere on page two as I type this).

Yeah I've seen that video a hundred times. But the camera cuts away after Martin knocks him down, and then comes back after whatever fighting there was took place. Obviously Martin was there to send a message, but I'm curious as to whether the guy got up and gave him a chop or a shove, how the glove-dropping looked, etc.

Has anyone actually seen the start of the fight? Usually there's a camera behind the play that catches this stuff. Was anyone there in the building on Saturday and saw it unfold?

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2009
Nazem Kadri - Charging Major - 5 minutes

It wasn't legal.

By the logic of it's illegal if it's called a penalty and not illegal if not called a penalty, then I presume you think the NHL approves of and accepts spears (Burrows) as a legal part of the game?

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Whenever this sort of thing happens, you get opposing opinions using different angle stills or videos to "prove" their point, rather than trying to use all angles to formulate what actually happened.

Anyway, that one is a tough one to call. I'm going to say the charging penalty is 100% deserved for an unnecessary (and, frankly, stupid hit considering he should have tried to stop the shot).

I thought the Rielly hit looked good, personally.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I'm sure they do let little things go or there'd be a call every 2nd. shift.

But if they saw a blatant spear I doubt they'd say, "no problem carry on."

So the presence or absence of a call has no real bearing on whether something was legal or not, hence it's kind of pointless to bring it up.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
I'm sure they do let little things go or there'd be a call every 2nd. shift.

But if they saw a blatant spear I doubt they'd say, "no problem carry on."

I saw a game live and on TV timeout, Rosehill speared an opposing player really badly right in front of the ref and linesman... i was so shocked

No penalty to rosehill

No mention of it on TV/highlights afterwards

Refs are way too pick and choosy

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Hes not gonna tell the media what he actually sent martin out to do. Come on man, you know better. Read betweem the lines

lol I think you are reading too much into this. He didn't send martin to do anything like that. He was the coach for Detroit for a long time and that team rarely got into fights. Im pretty sure what he told the media was what he actually said to martin

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Yeah I've seen that video a hundred times. But the camera cuts away after Martin knocks him down, and then comes back after whatever fighting there was took place. Obviously Martin was there to send a message, but I'm curious as to whether the guy got up and gave him a chop or a shove, how the glove-dropping looked, etc.

Has anyone actually seen the start of the fight? Usually there's a camera behind the play that catches this stuff. Was anyone there in the building on Saturday and saw it unfold?

This!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Someone send. Vancouver a container ship full of crying towels. I can stand the team anyways. Sedin got crunched and came back. Glad he's ok and just as glad Kadri got a piece of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad