Post-Game Talk: Leafs roll on the hapless Canucks 6-3 (Warnings in OP and 581)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrburke

Mar 5, 2010
kitchener
Was at the game last night, by far the best game I have ever been to. The speed that this team plays with now is amazing. It really is a sight to see to watch Marner play, his vision is out of this world he is so smooth finding the right place to be.

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
Might as well get John Scott.

Maybe they will vote him in for another all-star game appearance

I'd like to see them sign a bunch of tough guys and keep the skill guys home, and put an ad in the papers saying "Hey Vancouver, you got exactly the game you asked for. Hope it was worth the price of the tickets".

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I'd like to see them sign a bunch of tough guys and keep the skill guys home, and put an ad in the papers saying "Hey Vancouver, you got exactly the game you asked for. Hope it was worth the price of the tickets".

It will be funny if Lou and MGT started to invite Prust, Scott and a few tough guys to train with the team... Linden and Bennings got scared and actually sign tough guys to out into the lineup for the Dec 3 game. Leafs showed up with the usual team and literally blew the Nucks out of the ice by scoring 8 goals in the first period.

headwire

Jan 25, 2012
Toronto

i assure you that both teams will field a roster that the coaches think will give them the best chance of winning the hockey game. Coaches win new contracts through results in the standings/playoffs, not through "hey we showed them because that guy said something stupid."

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
i assure you that both teams will field a roster that the coaches think will give them the best chance of winning the hockey game. Coaches win new contracts through results in the standings/playoffs, not through "hey we showed them because that guy said something stupid."

I'd be inclined to just ice a roster of thugs and just be prepared for a night of chaos.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I'd be inclined to just ice a roster of thugs and just be prepared for a night of chaos.

50 contract limit lol. Anyway if you iced a team full of tough guys Knucks wouldn't fight and just take the 2 points. Besides they're not a tough team anyway. We'd be fine in an all out rumble.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Babcock is anti-fighting, don't think we'll see the fireworks most will expect, unless the Canucks really want to start something.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Well I'm going to have plenty to discuss when I get to work tomorrow. Listening to Canucks Breakfast on Team 1040 will be good for a laugh while I commute.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Babcock is anti-fighting, don't think we'll see the fireworks most will expect, unless the Canucks really want to start something.

He is not anti-fighting. He knows exactly how to handle business in the NHL. He went out of his way to make sure Martin was signed. He made sure Martin was sent out for retribution at the end of the 3rd.

Cokenfries

Nov 10, 2014
So Sedin was on the ice and Kadri did a jump of joy?

See how his feet are off the ground and he is still in contact with Sedin... clearly what you said is not valid

dynamic_resize

Please go back to your Canucks board instead of trolling here

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Wait are you telling me after the main boards deleted thread that all these canuck fans are coming here now. LOL

This is some new levels of saltiness

salt_pile.jpg

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
He is not anti-fighting. He knows exactly how to handle business in the NHL. He went out of his way to make sure Martin was signed. He made sure Martin was sent out for retribution at the end of the 3rd.

I mean anti-fighting in the sense that he's not the kind of coach to go looking for that sort of ruckus, not that he's totally opposed to it.

Martin wasn't signed to be an enforcer, and he didn't send out Martin for retribution. In the interview he said he told him "make sure there's no trouble and just finish the game off". That doesn't seem to me like he wanted him to go out and start a fight.

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
When you watch the video you can clearly tell the point when Sedin got hurt is when his head hit the ice

Next time tighten your helmet strap. Nuff said

I agree with this the onus is on the player to keep his helmet done up so it doesn't fly off

Dare I say this is a tactic of this particular player to make lesser hits look worse than they are

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
The sad part to this whole entire 3rd period craziness is that if Dorsett would have answered the bell when challenged by Martin - none of the rest of this likely would have happened. But instead, he wants to put on a show and jump Komarov - he laughed about it on the way to the box. Then he puts on the tough guy act on the way to dressing room.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He coasted for 20+ feet...
How is that charging?

If you're going to be that liberal with the interpretation of charging then isn't every hit ever a charge?

It is a subjective penalty to call on many plays.

Ref thought there was a charge, and according to the definition of the rule it fits.

As far as no suspension from DOPS there doesn't have to be for the penalty to stand.

Who cares, I enjoyed the game and up to that point when it was about skill.

Everyone seems to be adjusting to their lines and hard to argue about switching up lines when they've won 3 straight.

It is about the team winning not padding anyone's personal stats.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The sad part to this whole entire 3rd period craziness is that if Dorsett would have answered the bell when challenged by Martin - none of the rest of this likely would have happened. But instead, he wants to put on a show and jump Komarov - he laughed about it on the way to the box. Then he puts on the tough guy act on the way to dressing room.

Did Martin challenge him or did he challenge Martin?
I wasn't paying that close attention but with the Leafs winning it didn't make sense for Martin to want to start something.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Wait are you telling me after the main boards deleted thread that all these canuck fans are coming here now. LOL

This is some new levels of saltiness

salt_pile.jpg

lol...logic escapes many on this forum. Taking freeze frames doesn't 'clarify' the situation. The picture they posted was of Kadri already following through with the hit - it's basics physics that the momentum could lift him off his skates a bit, especially when you consider that he is a smaller player colliding with a player bigger than him. That is not equivalent to taking a running jump at someone. Find a freeze frame of Kadri with his skates off the ice BEFORE any contact is made. Just inventing new things to be outraged with by the play. It's also Kadri's fault that he didn't do up Sedin's helmet before the hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad