May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
Wat8.jpg

Is that Marty ?

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
He's also averaging like 4+ shots on goal per game

Which tells me the goals will come, unless he is the unluckiest guy alive. I honestly understand why he said he was similar to Higgins :shakehead but it's not the case. Higgins appeared to be in on everything that year and just completely snakebitten, but I think we all know that is just the kind of player Higgins is, up until last season he wasn't even close to approaching his good MTL years.

Nash's shooting % is currently like 4% average over his career is around 12% so he really should have 3 goals and 4 assists right now :P

Awful Gabby with 5 goals in 5 games and 8 points.

I've never called him "awful" that I can recall, but I know I have bashed him for a supposed lack of consistency. The guy is a ghost (not in the bad way) who just quietly puts up points when he isn't having an explosive night and then you look at the stats and he's on a crazy roll. He is scary good, especially on this team when it gets going.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Ferriero Staal and Gaborik

i put Ferriero because he did have a good game for a player that got traded, called up and played in the AHL last night all in one week. didnt look out of place

This! I picked Ferreiro because he played pretty damn good for a AHL aquisition, Gabby for his goals and Nash for being all over the place, killing penalties single-handedly and bringing so much more to our top line

MAYO

Dec 29, 2008
MONTREAL
Can't say enough about the GNR line. Only thing I'm concerned about is being able to "double shift" them in back to back games. We seem to be a one line team right now. Benn looked good out there and that line with him, Hags and Cally were going in with nice speed. 4th line still scares the crap out of me when they're on the ice though.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Best total effort this season...awesome to see our 3 main guys dominate the game like that.

And credit to our back end for shutting the door after a slow start.

And still, in the GDT so many posters suggested to break up that line. I don't get it. It would be a crime to hockey.
Keep this candy together.

Nice win.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
PP still concerns me. What is it, 2 for 25 or something?

That's unacceptable.

Yeah.

One problem is that Nash and BR are playing almost 23 minutes a night, this early in the year. They played TWO shifts on the PP were they where completely gassed.

Overall I think its getting a little better, but they are moving up towards the surface from some depth... ;)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
bummed. missed this game.

I am watching the rerun. With 13 minutes left I am feeling extremely sorry for myself, I got a cold, alot to do at work, the kids are disturbing me and so forth. I can't stand it any more so I flipped on the computer and saw "5-2", and I felt even more sorry for myself since I now missed a fantastic come from behind win.

It feels better now though. This was an important win. You do not want to be that team that everyone knows they can beat if they just show up and don't do any misstake.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
can we please stop opening the games when we have momentum with 2 ****ing pointless fights? it's CLEARLY not working in our favor-- we've yet to gain momentum from one this season. please stop, mike rupp and arron asham: we all know you're big tough men. we're impressed. we promise

+1
Staged fights are embarrassing.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Yeah.

One problem is that Nash and BR are playing almost 23 minutes a night, this early in the year. They played TWO shifts on the PP were they where completely gassed.

Overall I think its getting a little better, but they are moving up towards the surface from some depth... ;)

Stacking the top line is fun and all, but it's not really a good strategy in the long run.

I'd like to see:

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Pyatt-Stepan-Nash
Ferreiro-Boyle-Callahan
Asham-Halpern-Arnott

If Kreider can bounce back, we might even be able to field 4 effective ES lines:

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Pyatt-Boyle-Callahan
Asham-Ferreiro-Arnott

I initially had Boyle on the 4th, but I don't think he and Arnott should play together. Ferreiro on the 4th ensures there is at least one speedy skater on each line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad