Post-Game Talk: Leafs @ Rangers 1/26/13 "Boyle stole DZ's goal" Edition

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Aside from penalty kill I do not think we lost much with Feds. He did very little all season, aside from being more or less an extra defender on the ice. Reached Betts/Sjostrom status.

I guess I agree. It makes me really question at times the whole idea of a player's worth being measured by being 'good in the room'. I've played hockey, and I know how flaky some of hockey's customs are. If it's Mark Messier, or Brian Leetch, or Steve Yzerman, or Joe Sakic, I can understand the leadership thing. Otherwise, I think the bit about intangibles is overestimated. Again, having 3 or 4 of them replaced at one time adds to the challenge, and more so when the upcoming season is shortened. I really do miss Anisimov, have always been a fan of that guy, and miss his responsible play.

I believe that getting on without these three players is just part of the job this season.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
nash is very skilled no doubt, but at the moment he reminds me of a more talented chris higgins

Wat8.jpg

filth e mcnasti

Jan 27, 2013
AZ
We played fantastic. I thought we finally put together a full 60 minute game. It seems like it's starting to get there, but we need to get some more production from our 2nd and 3rd lines.

We can't rely on our 1st line to score so much every time out. I think they will come around, Steps and Cally need to step it up a notch, although I did like what I saw from them tonight.

Hopefully Kreider isn't too badly hurt.

Overall, I was very pleased with the way we played, much less in our own end, much better forechecking, and better puck movement. If we continue to improve upon what we did tonight, we definitely have a shot at the cup.

filth e mcnasti

Jan 27, 2013
AZ
nash is very skilled no doubt, but at the moment he reminds me of a more talented chris higgins

You can't be serious...right? I mean come on. Nash has been nothing short of spectacular. Sure, he doesn't have the goals right now, but you know they are coming. You can see it. The guy is flat out incredible. I, for one couldn't be more impressed with the way he's played.

theJUMPER

Feb 25, 2012
Rick Nash could kick my dog and knock up my sister for all I care.

Haven't seen a player like this in broadway blue since Jagr.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
This is the best we've looked from start to finish all year. The bad breakdowns in the first were annoying, but I thought we played a great 60 minutes

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
man we need cally and stepan to start playing well. please let kreider back into the line-up. we need to reestablish a "home-grown" line that we used to have. i believe it was the pack line (dubi-anisimov-cally)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad