McKenzie: "Leafs preparing several creative proposals for Tavares if he hits UFA."

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If the leafs get Tavares, they have the 2nd best centre depth in the league behind pittsburgh
tavares/matthews/kadri is amazingly good

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
And I'm preparing several creative bags of jellybeans in my yard in case Tavares stops by today.

Reactions: dukeofjive

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Bobby Mack came out today and said the Leafs are preparing several creative proposals for Tavares if he hits UFA.

Gotta think one idea is a 1 year max deal followed by an 8 year extension as soon as he's eligible.

Bat Bobby Mack said there are several creative proposals for Tavares so what else do you think they might offer?
I think he'd be eligible right away, no?

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
The leafs should absolutely be willing to go after Tavares if he goes ufa. They have a trade chip in kadri and can probably get a good defenseman for him. They are also in a good position to start selling some of their draft picks to put together a competitive team.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Who gives a **** about defense when you can roll out Matthews/Tavares/Kadri or Nylander as centers. Outscore your problems.
That or having Tavares gives you breathing room to trade a Nylander or even Kadri to address defense. If you can add a player like Tavares, you do it and then adjust the rest of the roster around it.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Genuinely curious, but is this not kind of tampering?? Why doesn’t every team who really wants someone just feed it through the media that they’re willing to pony up X amount of dollars IF he hits FA?

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
You could swap "creative" with "unrealistic but will get a lot of clicks".

JT is going to get paid whatever he wants already and there is no benefit to him signing a 1 year deal.

Tor already has 2 incredible top 6 centers, with 2 more elite young wingers, 3 of the 4 who are about to get seriously paid. Its not happening
You disrespect Bobby Mac if you think he reports things for “clicks”.

Reactions: Meeqs

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Genuinely curious, but is this not kind of tampering?? Why doesn’t every team who really wants someone just feed it through the media that they’re willing to pony up X amount of dollars IF he hits FA?

I wouldn't call it tampering every team is preparing offers for players

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012

I guess there was probably some kind of league guidance as to what constitutes tampering, because you would think this qualifies. I know a lot of Devils fans were calling for a tampering investigation when Craig Leipold said that Minnesota would not be outbid for Parise and Suter. As nothing ever came of it, and Lou has certainly never been shy about going after other teams for it, I guess just saying something through the press isn't enough.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That or having Tavares gives you breathing room to trade a Nylander or even Kadri to address defense. If you can add a player like Tavares, you do it and then adjust the rest of the roster around it.

IF you can get Tavares you do it and you run the best offense in the NHL because you would have the best offense in the NHL at that point

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Because it literally isn't tampering if no details have been shared with anyone in Tavares camp. Finding out that the Leafs are preparing an offer from twitter is pretty far from any definition of tampering.

HC7

May 2, 2018
The Celtics brought Tom Brady to convince Kevin Durant to sign in Boston. KD said that was cool, but Tom Brady isn't going to be lining up to play with him when it matters the most.

Tavares isn't going to re-sign with the Islander because of Lou, and Trotz. He's going to re-sign with a team where he has people that can line up beside him and know that they're going to war with him. If it just so happens that the team with the most talent, and enough cap to afford him, has the best coach, and upcoming GM in the the entire league... Well then it seems obvious doesn't it?

Reactions: LeafsNation75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad