Proposal: Leafs/Preds blockbuster

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

I must say, your avatar is the perfect reaction to the Leaf fan you quoted.

If you look at offense only and potential, Nylander beats out Arvidsson. If you look at overall game (current), it's not close. Arvidsson is better than Nylander. Arvy PKs, plays on the powerplay, is out there defending a one goal lead with the goalie pulled, and the puck seems to follow him. Currently, he is better than Nylander taking overall game in to account. That can change though in time. Not everything is who can score more points in hockey on what makes someone more valuable.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Nylander lead Sweden to a Gold medal championship as MVP at 21 years old
-
He plays better as a center and his point total as a rookie and sophmore season indicdate he will be special.
-
I'm not sure if he will be 70 point, two-way C level special or 80 point winger on the Matthews or Tavares line.
-
Because Arvidsson is already looking like a legitmate top line winger, it's hard to make the upgrade for Nashville when you factor in losing a defencmen like Ekholm.
-
Therefore; im probably quite hesitant to pull the trigger and my answer is No.
-
If i'm Toronto I would like that
Arvidsson contract and Ekholm would no doubt be on the top pair for our young defence. Losing Nylander would hurt a lot when you factor in he likely as a higher cieling, he can play C, and Kapanen, Johnsson may have Arvidsson potential.
-
Because I don't watch Ekholm play enough; I can't make an informed decesion on if losing Nylander would be worth it. It would take a 1 or high 2 D type player for me to pull the trigger.
-
If he is more of a #3 I would rather Nylander + Tanev
-
So basically my answer from Nashville is No because of how much they seem to value Ekholm.
-
My answer from Toronto would be I will let you know in 5-7 days after I scout and watch 15-20 recorded games of Ekholm

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I must say, your avatar is the perfect reaction to the Leaf fan you quoted.

If you look at offense only and potential, Nylander beats out Arvidsson. If you look at overall game (current), it's not close. Arvidsson is better than Nylander. Arvy PKs, plays on the powerplay, is out there defending a one goal lead with the goalie pulled, and the puck seems to follow him. Currently, he is better than Nylander taking overall game in to account. That can change though in time. Not everything is who can score more points in hockey on what makes someone more valuable.

Err.... you realize that this whole post has exactly zero to do with the post I quoted and responded to right? 10/10 great rant though

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
I follow the Leafs board closely and you're wrong. Maybe it seems to you like a lot (our fan base is huge) but a pretty small percentage of the fan base has shown any interest in Karlsson.
No, im really not. Three are tons of leaf proposals in the multiple Karlsson threads. Alot is simply as it sounds.. Alot. Toronto has the largest fan base by far. No shit it's probably a small percentage. Good for you for following the leafs board.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Even if Nylander continues his development into a 75-80 point c (likely his highest cieling) it seems Nashville still would not want to give up Ekholm

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
No, im really not. Three are tons of leaf proposals in the multiple Karlsson threads. Alot is simply as it sounds.. Alot. Toronto has the largest fan base by far. No **** it's probably a small percentage. Good for you for following the leafs board.

Hey if a small percentage translates to you as "a lot", more power to you. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad