Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
This is turning into the opposite of a Burke/Nonis draft. Love it.

Even if just one of these small, skilled late round guys turns into a home run, we're winners in this draft.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Think the kid could put on a bit more height? Not scared of him being so small, just curious, seems thick.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'm ok with the focus being on the speed and skill right now. A fair point made that few guys for any team's draft will make the NHL so it's better to go after the guys with high levels of skill so you can get the most NHL players possible. If the team needs more size then you can always trade some people.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Great pick !! I wanted him in 3/4th round.

Leafs doing a great job going for skill today.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
I don't mind the size thing. As long as they have a plan I'm fine with what ever they do. They clearly are trying to stockpile talent as much as possible. Obviously all these players won't all be on the leafs together,their assets. Skill has more value in trades then size.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
remember we are starting 3 on 3 in overtime...these guys are money, once they are ready in a few years, they might be at a premium...speed and skill is the way to go in OT..going to worth a lot of points.

mikebel111*

Raihan Hussain ‏@RaihanSays · 10h10 hours ago
#Leafs pick Dmytro Timashov with 125th overall pick. Many believed he'd go a lot higher...

Drakkor

Apr 21, 2007
I gotta admit I'm not really comfortable with how small we are.

I get that taking one or two smallers guys here and there is smart but this is getting ridiculous

This is a draft, not everyone makes it to the NHL. The team is just drafting who they believe is the best talents going forward and now it's up to the players to take advantage of the development programs and become the best they can. I don't count on or believe everyone will make it.

I'm just happy we are focusing on high reward possible draft picks.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Is it? I know that's a quote that Dubas floated but is it? It's near impossible to get big top 6 forwards.

Its also near impossible to draft them. You need to truly believe in their ability to score etc, not just find a big dude who can skate and hope he magically develops hands and vision.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Burke's head is probably exploding. More truculence!!!. Yeah size over skill got us nothing.

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
904599-plus-russe-dmytro-timashov-parle.jpg
He looks way too much like a male Arya Stark. :laugh:

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
For people affraid of size, keep in mind that these players won't be all playing on the same roster in the same time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad