Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
LOVE this pick.

Wow. Steal this deep.

If Pilon can fall to our next pick, or we can somehow get another pick....

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
904599-plus-russe-dmytro-timashov-parle.jpg

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Since i was watching so much of Gauthier i did actually get to see some of this player last year and really liked him. So... yay? I seem to recall some other love for the guy around here as well.

mikebel111*

another potential steal. 3rd round talent and could have gone higher than that

great pick

I know this board was high on him

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Surprise pick for me. Here's my write-up based on readings (though I did watch him once as well).

"Ukrranian born, Swedish trained winger, is quite small, has electrifying playmaking skills, curiously opinions on his skating vary from rather good skating to rather bad skating, some say he’s a perimeter player, some say he’s not afraid of traffic, appears to own a decent shot but maybe doesn’t use it enough, his defence appears to be neither a strength nor a huge weakness, overall a kid with some really intriguing qualities and some really big question marks, has competed internationally for Sweden and appears to be buddies with William Nylander, was rookie of the year in the Q."

Exciting guy from a talent point-of-view, but I had doubts he would be drafted. We are definitely loving the skill guys this year.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
So here's what I've noticed -- this is definitely Lindsay Hofford and Mark Hunter's draft.

You've seen skill and hockey sense -- unlike Dave Morrison's older drafts where at this time we'd be getting acclimated to local USA talent who are big and project-able.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I've seen him play a lot. Another highly skilled forward held back by his size.

Great skater and highly skilled with the puck. Great on breakaways/shootouts. Not a great shot but incredibly vision and passer.

He's not tall but he's a thick player. Hard to knock off the puck.

Good value pick. I didn't think he was still on the board honestly.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I gotta admit I'm not really comfortable with how small we are.

I get that taking one or two smallers guys here and there is smart but this is getting ridiculous

Odds are only 1 or 2 guys from this draft will have an NHL career anyway. We aren't actually making our team small here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad