Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #125 - Dmytro Timashov - LW/RW - UKR 5' 9" 192 QMJHL

Phatic

Aug 2, 2011
had this kid in the 2nd round. strong and shifty, not a great shot but knows where the puck needs to be.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
I gotta admit I'm not really comfortable with how small we are.

I get that taking one or two smallers guys here and there is smart but this is getting ridiculous

Kids still grow, and rebuilding and future contending teams rely on developing players from multiple drafts.

If we draft small(er) in the next couple drafts I would be concerned.

Smart drafting by the leafs overall.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
dima.jpeg

crop_2585717_27_1415219427.jpeg

snizzbone*

I get that taking one or two smallers guys here and there is smart but this is getting ridiculous

Easier to trade skill for size than size for skill.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Him & Nylander are great friends. Saw them on the same line in Stockholm when they were 15. Then they also played a little in Modo a season ago. I was never sold on him but it looks like he had a great season this year.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009

It's one draft, it's not our whole damn team. Relax.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Mikhail Stefanovich 2.0...... BUST :sarcasm:

As much as I hate to admit it, Stefanovich is also what came to mind for me.

But whatever. Another High-Risk/High-Reward Pick. Don't have a problem with it this late in the draft.

I'm sure Ukrainians in Toronto will be very happy with this pick.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Another swing for the fences type of pick
This draft could end up pushing our rebuild several steps forward if a few of these 2nd round and later picks pan out

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
wow.

I love this.

The chances of one of these guys being an impact skill guy on our team is very very high.

Bracco, Lindgren, Timahov, Dzierkals one of these guys at the very least is going to be on the leafs one day... and it wont be as a 3rd liner... It'll be as a skilled guy.

Boom or bust is what we should be going for right now... We just need high end talent.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005

I am perfectly fine with it. We've drafted for size under Burke and that hasn't resulted in much. Swing for the fences.

edwardslane

Aug 6, 2010
this kid won Rookie of the year in the Q :)

Awesome Pick this deep in the draft. Leafs are sure looking for their own Tyler Johnson late.. loving this draft of SKILL SKILL and more SKILL

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005

Well ... the mantra of this brass is pretty obvious - every guy we've taken is huge skill, IQ, and determination - you'd have to think big picture - not all of these will live up to their ceilings - but we're definitely hitting for the fences.

Just remember - all we're doing today is adding to the prospect pool. Stockpiling assets - not building a team ONLY from these kids. If a few of these home-runs pan out, some can make the team, and others become assets to be used elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad