Speculation: Leafs or Habs! Who you picking to win??

Leafs or Habs (who you picking) to win the series?

• Total voters

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Petry was on fire at the beginning of the year.. pretty unnoticeable in this series. Montreal's D seems slow. Their Blue line play has been pretty bad at keeping pucks in as well. I think it would look better with Mete and Romonov in the lineup. We've watched lots of Sens games where they get dominated in their own end, and are one and done, if that going the other way.. Montreal's PP is ineffective .. We've seen lots of that too. Sens are on the up swing ..can't say the same for the Habs imo.

Habs pushing the pace a bit more here in the 3rd

Last edited:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Montreal's D seems slow. Their Blue line play has been pretty bad at keeping pucks in as well. I think it would look better with Mete and Romonov in the lineup. We've watched lots of Sens games where they get dominated in their own end, and are one and done, if that going the other way.. Montreal's PP is ineffective .. We've seen lots of that too.

Yup.
I'm also watching Sandin and seeing how he helps carry the play into the offensive zone for the forwards which Montreal struggles a lot to do. Fast, creative but diminuative defenseman. Sound familiar?

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Petry was on fire at the beginning of the year.. pretty unnoticeable in this series. Montreal's D seems slow. Their Blue line play has been pretty bad at keeping pucks in as well. I think it would look better with Mete and Romonov in the lineup. We've watched lots of Sens games where they get dominated in their own end, and are one and done, if that going the other way.. Montreal's PP is ineffective .. We've seen lots of that too. Sens are on the up swing ..can't say the same for the Habs imo.

I can’t believe this team waived Mete. He and Romanov over say Kulak and Merrill would make their D look way better.

How do you bench a guy who can skate, hit and agitate like Romanov in the playoffs? It’s crazy.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Future Stanley Cup champion Jack Campbell holding the fort.

Leafs looking elite.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah Montreal, trying to do what we did to them with the huge physical blueline...They seemed to have forgotten about us having EK

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Montreal is not a threatening hockey team. They’ve done very little this series to deserve to win. Price has been excellent but he can’t score goals

Reactions: Icelevel

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Caufield was impressive imo.. should have been in the first 2. His speed has really improved this year..
He is quick .. great IQ ; awareness and probably the best shot per pound in the league

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Future Stanley Cup champion Jack Campbell holding the fort.

Leafs looking elite.

They’re looking good but I don’t know how much of it is what they’re doing and how much is how bad the habs are sucking. Many of their D are having a hard time making a good pass.

Reactions: Deku

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Leafs try the score effects prevent defence stuff for a whole period against a better team than Montreal and they aren't gonna make it too far. Even against a flawed team like the Jets and I see that game going to at least overtime.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I don't know what it was like live but the highlights made this feel like an exciting game of playoff hockey and I felt surprisingly engaged for a game where I want both teams to lose. Both goalies were pulling off insane saves

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Montreal is a good solid all-around team (particularly when Price is at the top of his game) but they're lacking talent, particularly against a team like Toronto

20 y/o rookie Caufield is their most skilled player by a good margin.

Outside of some very rare hits, that team can't draft to save their lives. Bergevin with our drafting prowess would be seen very differently.

Spezza looks like prime spezza compared to the pace simmonds and Thornton play at.

Michel Bergeron is lambasting thornton's use and says the Habs have a big advantage everytime he's on the ice.

Overrated player

Question is who do you take? Norris or Suzuki? One is a much bigger name because of hype and market.

I can’t believe this team waived Mete. He and Romanov over say Kulak and Merrill would make their D look way better.

How do you bench a guy who can skate, hit and agitate like Romanov in the playoffs? It’s crazy.

Their D is pretty strong along the boards and in front of the net but for the rest, it's lacking in many other facets

It's a team that got tired of getting physically dominated but now they're slow outside of Anderson, Danault and Byron

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yeah I’m ok with TO getting through this round to lose the next.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
One of the reasons I don't mind Montreal losing first is I am listening too much to their TV coverage, I really need to stop for my sanity lol

So JC Lajoie was talking with Phillipe Boucher (ex NHL D-man) and Lajoie was saying "we have a pure blood like Makar in Montreal (Romanov) and we don't even play him"

JiC, they are not in the same tier lol. It's like saying Brannstrom will be good like Quinn Hughes, just need to play him! Heck, I think Brannstrom = Hughes is much more likely than Romanov = Makar, with a 0.0001% chance

Then Boucher was talking that they not only have Makar but also Girard and Byram coming.

Lajoie then said "but maybe one could be coming to Montreal if we offer them Carey Price"

LOL you're not getting Makar, Girard or Byram for a soon-to-be 34 y/o goalie who has 5 years left at a 10.5 AAV

But the reason he said it wouldn't work is "because Carey is good right now and people don't want to trade him anymore" LOL, sure JiC, that's the reason WHY it wouldn't work :help:

Boucher looked a bit embarassed and said "yeah but they also have a good goalie now in Grubauer"

No doubt in my mind the Avs wouldn't even have traded UFA-to-be Grubauer for Price.

I mean, you have been in the medias for so long and still don't understand the NHL market.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad