Speculation: Leafs or Habs! Who you picking to win??

Leafs or Habs (who you picking) to win the series?

• Total voters

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I definitely would rather see the Habs win.

I also hope Matthews doesn't score any goals, the media roasts him, and the Leafs trade him for Arizona's first round pick.

Reactions: Back in Black

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Picking Leafs because I'm logical. But I would rather Habs win.

#1 Leafs losing again in the first round is funny.

#2 Habs will think they are better than they are if they win and keep around aspects of their team that drag them down.

Win win for me.

That said, Leafs have the better team, they should win it.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
I want the Habs to win so they keep thinking they're contenders. That GM/Coach combo could keep them mediocre for the next ten years.

Reactions: Hutz

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I definitely would rather see the Habs win.

I also hope Matthews doesn't score any goals, the media roasts him, and the Leafs trade him for Arizona's first round pick.

You mean their 1st rd pick that they had to forfeit? :laugh:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Habs limped into the playoffs but Bergevin seems to have built this team to bully the leafs in the playoffs rather than have regular season success. I’m hoping they can knock Toronto out in the first round again.

Really it’s a win-win. Leafs lose and the Habs probably keep Bergevin around and extend Ducharme to my habs fan friends’ dismay.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
It's a tough call. The Leafs think they're going for Cup, whereas the Habs in my eyes are lucky to even be in it. In an attempt to cause each team the most pain, I feel like the optimal situation would be the Leafs taking round one, which puts the Habs in their place, then Toronto gets rolled hard in round 2, crushing their dreams in a cruel manner. That said, after Game 1 I have to say watching the Leafs lose is just too sweet and I'm already changing my mind.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I think Price will be the difference maker. We all know he hasn't lived up to regular season expectations for the past few years but he almost always seems to show up when it counts and and last night he looked absolutely dialled in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad