Speculation: Leafs or Habs! Who you picking to win??

Leafs or Habs (who you picking) to win the series?

• Total voters

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I liked spezza too while he was here but don’t forget he is a Toronto born boy.
Won’t cheer for him anymore.
Go habs go.

Reactions: MarkStone

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Well, I'm not changing my original prediction just because of one game.

Leafs in 5. (?)

It'd certainly be funnier if the Habs win, so that's probably who I'm rooting for.

Reactions: Kamina

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I had the Habs winning G1 and the Leafs winning the next 4.

I maintain that the Leafs will win the series but it may be longer than 5 games.

As a Francophone, this is one match up where I feel no shame in cheering for the Habs despite how much I hate them.

Toronto losing this series would be absolutely glorious.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The Tavares injury kinda puts in a big doubt for the outcome of that series for me

Tavares is a pretty big piece. It'd be like the Habs losing Caufield to injury

Reactions: Hutz

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Those are two original NHL teams and for the third original Ottawa Senators to cheer for any of those two slabs is a travesty. The long history and that's why they have crazy stupid fan base. If Ottawa would not take a hideout from the league as the third original team, the fan base would be as crazy as they are. Not many people know but Leafs originated in the Ottawa valley and that's where the franchise rights were sold to Hogtown by Ambrose O'Brien for $50. I wish he never did.

Reactions: Back in Black

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The Habs were playing possum with the Leafs having both Weber & Price resting for a number of games before the playoffs with them being so fresh & relaxed.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I still think the Leafs will win, but I still want the habs to win. The chaos in toronto and lack of chaos in montreal would benefit us most.

The Tavares injury kinda puts in a big doubt for the outcome of that series for me

I hope Tavares is ok, but this is a top notch troll post to the habs and needs recognition.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

If the Leafs could lose one of the "big 4" and overcome it JT would be the guy. If that was Matthews the Leafs could right off their playoff hopes.

RealSpartan

Nov 2, 2016
Go Leafs Go. Grudgingly.

Never thought I’d say such a dirty thing but if I’m being honest with myself I don’t find all that much to hate the Leafs about these days.

Conversely, having lived in Mtl for 3 years somewhat recently made me detest everything about them.

So, Go Leafs.

Reactions: Kamina

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Toronto hasn't won a playoff series since they beat us in 2004. I'd prefer to see them keep losing in the first round until at least 2023 to make it two full decades of playoff futility.

How does it improve your life wanting to see others fail lol?

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020

I’m not sure you can equate Tavares to a good prospect with 0 playoff experience.

I still want the Leafs to lose, but it will have been sweeter if it was the whole squad

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I'd like the Habs to win.

1. Leafs don't have their first, so if they go out early, their fans will meltdown.
2. The farther the Habs go, the worse their pick. Which, given their odd ensemble and contract situation could stick them in mediocrity for another decade.
3. If Habs go to the second round, Bergevin probably stays, and Habs fans lose their minds.
4. If Leafs lose AGAIN in the first round, Leafs fans lose their minds.
5. Leaf fans are super arrogant, so watching them lose after winning the North Division will be a good experience for them.

IDK, just seems like the best outcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad