Speculation: Leafs or Habs! Who you picking to win??

Leafs or Habs (who you picking) to win the series?

• Total voters

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I'd like the Habs to win.

1. Leafs don't have their first, so if they go out early, their fans will meltdown.
2. The farther the Habs go, the worse their pick. Which, given their odd ensemble and contract situation could stick them in mediocrity for another decade.
3. If Habs go to the second round, Bergevin probably stays, and Habs fans lose their minds.
4. If Leafs lose AGAIN in the first round, Leafs fans lose their minds.
5. Leaf fans are super arrogant, so watching them lose after winning the North Division will be a good experience for them.

IDK, just seems like the best outcome.

The Leafs losing is always the best outcome its rather good entertainment on Hfboards

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
It would be funny to watch TML get bounced in the first round again however I think they have too much firepower to lose to the Habs

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I got Habs in 6. They may not be more talented but Price can flat out steal a series. Plus #1 hitting team in the league and they smashed the Leafs all game last time.

Reactions: Back in Black

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
b6fe31233b8d0085ee991c56a7599136.jpg

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Would love to see the Leafs get taken down but they have too much for Montreal. Ice is tilted.. and when the refs lend a hand .. its even worse

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I'm not rooting for the Habs as much as I am rooting against the Leafs.

Basically same.

Habs winning means lose lose for both teams (Habs shouldn't be winning so if they do, they continue in mediocrity. And Leafs if they lose is just funny). And that's a win in my book. Someone has to win this series unfortunately.

Reactions: aragorn

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Basically same.

Habs winning means lose lose for both teams (Habs shouldn't be winning so if they do, they continue in mediocrity. And Leafs if they lose is just funny). And that's a win in my book. Someone has to win this series unfortunately.

"Habs shouldn't be winning"

But history has proven any team can go on a deep playoff run and even make it all the way to the SCF. Regardless of how it affects the Habs moving forward next year and beyond, if they make a deep run that will be considered a huge success for that franchise.

Look at how fondly we remember our 2007 run, as well as 2017, even though the rest of the years in between have been terrible.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

But history has proven any team can go on a deep playoff run and even make it all the way to the SCF. Regardless of how it affects the Habs moving forward next year and beyond, if they make a deep run that will be considered a huge success for that franchise.

Look at how fondly we remember our 2007 run, as well as 2017, even though the rest of the years in between have been terrible.

Habs keeping Ducharme and Bergevin is a win enough for me. I guess Habs could go on a run, I just don't see it personally (I see Leafs going on more a run than the Habs would, so having them out is a good thing for me). I also live in the GTA, so dealing with Leafs fans is more of a pain in my butt than Habs fans.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
It's really not, for many reasons.

Also don't get it twisted, not rooting for Montreal. Rooting for Toronto to lose. Lesser of two evils.

Since 2004, we have had a much bigger rivalry with the Canadiens than with we do with the Leafs.

And I am saying this as a Sens fan who experienced the 1999-2004 years and will never forget how big the battle of Ontario was during that period.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Would love to see the Leafs get taken down but they have too much for Montreal. Ice is tilted.. and when the refs lend a hand .. its even worse

Ducharme seemed to think refs played a part. Rookie coach was complaining all game, his players seemed frustrated too and totally lost focus and discipline. They made it easy for the Leafs

Stephane Auger (ex NHL refs) commenting on TVA said all the calls were totally legit (Max Lapierre and others agreed, except Morissette but he's a Habs homer lol). The only thing was that there could have been a Leafs penalty at the same time Gallagher took his penalty. As a totally non-fan of both teams, I didn't find there was any problem with reffing last night

Senators fans cheering for the Canadiens is just as bad.

Montreal is actually closer to Ottawa and there is hordes of Habs fans 5 mins away from the city.

Making the playoffs is the first objective and already a good achievement. Winning a round is a pretty good achievement, you're among the "final 8". Winning 2 rounds is a great achievement, you're in the "top-4". Making the finals is an awesome achievement and winning it all is the ultimate achievement. I appreciate every time my team makes the playoffs. Each round is a great bonus.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Ducharme seemed to think refs played a part. Rookie coach was complaining all game, his players seemed frustrated too and totally lost focus and discipline. They made it easy for the Leafs

Stephane Auger (ex NHL refs) commenting on TVA said all the calls were totally legit (Max Lapierre and others agreed, except Morissette but he's a Habs homer lol). The only thing was that there could have been a Leafs penalty at the same time Gallagher took his penalty. As a totally non-fan of both teams, I didn't find there was any problem with reffing last night

Montreal is actually closer to Ottawa and there is hordes of Habs fans 5 mins away from the city.

Making the playoffs is the first objective and already a good achievement. Winning a round is a pretty good achievement, you're among the "final 8". Winning 2 rounds is a great achievement, you're in the "top-4". Making the finals is an awesome achievement and winning it all is the ultimate achievement. I appreciate every time my team makes the playoffs. Each round is a great bonus.

Exactly, some Sens fans trying to justify that the Canadiens making the playoffs and even winning round 1 is somehow a fail or bad for them long term, is kind of sad.

Reactions: Xspyrit

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would like to see the stinking Habs win this series & then lose the next series 4 straight, hopefully to Winn. :laugh::nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad