Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Oilers Nov 30 9pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I am sorry Daisy if I have hurt your feelings in any way but that was not my intention - I really want you to be as active as you were and would love to see some new threads and also the GDT and PGT

thanks MJ :) that means a lot.

Reactions: MJ65

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Poolparty, the goalies, and who?

A lot of the guys in the bottom 6 wouldn't get a sniff of our roster

Poolparty = developing at lower levels
Slepyshev = doubt it
Strome = doubt it
Khaira = doubt it
Letestu = doubt it
Caggiula = doubt it

Maybe a Maroon or Kassian in as a face puncher for Martin, that's a big maybe

All those guys are starters that wouldn't make our team Daisy, that's a lot of guys :help:

That's not even bothering with the D

Last edited:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Poolparty, the goalies, and who?

Poolparty, Cagguila, Pakarainen, Cammalleri, Khaira, Slepyshev, if you add Brossoit as well, thats 7 players that don't come close to cracking the Leafs roster.

I'd add Ryan Strome to that as well, not a player the Leafs have any use for.

A lot of the guys in the bottom 6 wouldn't get a sniff of our roster

Poolparty = developing at lower levels
Slepyshev = doubt it
Strome = doubt it
Khaira = doubt it
Letestu = doubt it
Caggiula = doubt it

Maybe a Maroon or Kassian in as a face puncher for Martin, that's a big maybe

All those guys are starters that wouldn't make our team Daisy, that's a lot of guys :help:

That's not even bothering with the D

I forgot the D too lol but Eric Gryba, Auivtu (sp?) are definitely not making our team.

We're getting close to half their roster being completely shit.

Say a prayer for McDavid. It's going to take a while before Chiarelli's mess is off the roster. Might be a while before McDavid plays in the playoffs again.

McDavid is awesome. It's amazing how good he makes that shit roster look when he's on the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daisy Jane

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We bout to blow up on these fools, dorks. They ain't got game anymore. They ain't got game in years. We do. We got game like spike lee game right now. Last season too.

The oil ain't got nothing on us. We have the biggest, rawest and wettest talent upfront and they ain't got anything on our rear ends. Y'all see what I'm talking bout tomorrow night. See and learn. I know ice hockey. Komarov - kadri - marleau line will school that awful oil mcdavid draisaitl team tomorrow. Matthews and our marners and nylanders will score ice hockey goals for us, period. We have the better goalie too, talbot might not even play because he a fool. Injured dork.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Lines at Leafs practice

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
JvR-Kadri-Komarov
Marleau-Bozak-Brown
Martin-Moore-Nylander
Soshnikov, Leivo

I'm a fan
Looks like they're trying to hide JVR and Bozak so McDavid won't feast on the two of them.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Looks like they're trying to hide JVR and Bozak so McDavid won't feast on the two of them.

That's what I got out of it. Hope he stays with that line for the entire game.

Bozak line just gets decimated whenever they are on the ice. Giving Bozak two dependable players should help.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Poolparty, Cagguila, Pakarainen, Cammalleri, Khaira, Slepyshev, if you add Brossoit as well, thats 7 players that don't come close to cracking the Leafs roster.

I'd add Ryan Strome to that as well, not a player the Leafs have any use for.

I forgot the D too lol but Eric Gryba, Auivtu (sp?) are definitely not making our team.

We're getting close to half their roster being completely ****.

Say a prayer for McDavid. It's going to take a while before Chiarelli's mess is off the roster. Might be a while before McDavid plays in the playoffs again.

McDavid is awesome. It's amazing how good he makes that **** roster look when he's on the ice.

That needs a major retool, there's just not enough talent if McDavid Drai and Talbot aren't going "God mode", hell there's probably not enough even if they do

JVR has looked good, I've even seen him backcheck and get engaged recently, I couldn't believe my eyes

Bozak is just struggling, he's a hard watch when things aren't going his way

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
That's what I got out of it. Hope he stays with that line for the entire game.

Bozak line just gets decimated whenever they are on the ice. Giving Bozak two dependable players should help.

If I am Bozak I am taking this as a huge slap in the face and absolutely going beast mode.

whether or not bozak shows up is to be seen....

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
I don’t know if I even wanna watch this game, knowing that Willie will probably just play 7 minutes tops (maybe 10: PP; he played around 9 minutes 5v5) because the fourth lines will rarely be on the ice, so why should I even bother? And I honestly don’t give a eff about our top line at all, so I’d rather spend my time doing something else. Meh, I’ll see. I hope he is able to score a goal in the limited time he’s playing.

I just wanna see a win at the end of the day, and that’s it. Also, I don’t think it’s gonna be as easy as people here might think, especially because the Oilers won their last two or three games and they’ll play the Leafs so that’s definitely a big motivation to step up their game, lol. So, yeah, let’s wait and see.

I don’t think that Nylander is gonna request a trade.
Why should he? He loves Toronto, I guess. I wouldn’t want him to leave the team and he probably doesn’t want to, either. But what do I know, right?

What the **** did I just read?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
We bout to blow up on these fools, dorks. They ain't got game anymore. They ain't got game in years. We do. We got game like spike lee game right now. Last season too.

The oil ain't got nothing on us. We have the biggest, rawest and wettest talent upfront and they ain't got anything on our rear ends. Y'all see what I'm talking bout tomorrow night. See and learn. I know ice hockey. Komarov - kadri - marleau line will school that awful oil mcdavid draisaitl team tomorrow. Matthews and our marners and nylanders will score ice hockey goals for us, period. We have the better goalie too, talbot might not even play because he a fool. Injured dork.
hopefully Babcock can read this to the boys before the game to motivate them properly

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Winnable game. Talbot potentially out as well. The Oilers really lack depth. Hopefully Babcock doesn't go too crazy with the matchup game outside of Kadri and Mcdavid because we can roll 4 lines and have the advantage with 3 of them. Edmonton just doesn't have the depth to keep up. Peter Chiarelli is an absolute disaster, I wouldn't let him manage my beer league team.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Winnable game. Talbot potentially out as well. The Oilers really lack depth. Hopefully Babcock doesn't go too crazy with the matchup game outside of Kadri and Mcdavid because we can roll 4 lines and have the advantage with 3 of them. Edmonton just doesn't have the depth to keep up. Peter Chiarelli is an absolute disaster, I wouldn't let him manage my beer league team.
You got it spot on. They ain't got dirt on us. We have the depth like we was the voyager in lost atlantis. Like Abyss dirt depth y'all already know the ed harris dirt. We doing that thang.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Do you think they will start the backup goalie McElhinney?

Give him a game, let the forwards go old school run and shoot.

If the Leafs decide to the play the Oilers tight, and the Leafs have been in low scoring tight games lately, it may still not work and the game naturally goes into FULL RUN & GUN mode.

I do not want to suggest the fix is in ... but ... if you're Bettman, you tell the refs to call everything, let them score up and down the ice, that is good for the game to see the offensive talent do that.

Both backups starting and go for it!

:arr:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I do hope the Leafs really bring a great effort to this one. The Oilers are definitely a team the Leafs have the ability to beat. One of the best players in the league....and then the rest of them. Generally the same plan to throw at it. Do everything you can to limit McDavid's options and use the greater talent depth advantage we have.

Just keep getting points. In a good spot in the Atlantic, but be nice to close the gap with Tampa.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Do you think they will start the backup goalie McElhinney?

Give him a game, let the forwards go old school run and shoot.

If the Leafs decide to the play the Oilers tight, and the Leafs have been in low scoring tight games lately, it may still not work and the game naturally goes into FULL RUN & GUN mode.

I do not want to suggest the fix is in ... but ... if you're Bettman, you tell the refs to call everything, let them score up and down the ice, that is good for the game to see the offensive talent do that.

Both backups starting and go for it!

:arr:

This is our last chance to see November Freddy this year. No way do you not start him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad