Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Oilers Nov 30 9pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Yeah, I'm pretty confident JVR has another 3 good years left in him. Beyond that? Pretty dicey IMO. Not someone I want to commit ~6M to for 6-7 years. I think the most I'd go with JVR would be a 5 yr deal.

he plays a type of game that is sustainable. he stays healthy . I can see him being productive in those early 30s years too. His hands are unbelievable would love to lock him up long term. We could always get value in a trade for him down the road too. His production is impressive.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Yeah, I'm pretty confident JVR has another 3 good years left in him. Beyond that? Pretty dicey IMO. Not someone I want to commit ~6M to for 6-7 years. I think the most I'd go with JVR would be a 5 yr deal.
I don't want that commitment either, at all - he did look pretty good though when he started last year and there was lots of speculation that he was still feeling the injury that took him out the 2nd half of the year prior because he was slow, but he was very productive even without the foot speed. He's looked slower to me this year again, and still putting up points. Doesn't change my opinion of what we should do with him, but that might be a good indicator that he's productive after he slows down

he plays a type of game that is sustainable. he stays healthy . I can see him being productive in those early 30s years too. His hands are unbelievable would love to lock him up long term. We could always get value in a trade for him down the road too. His production is impressive.
that might be the kind of thing that Edmonton thought about signing Lucic too, we need to be very very cautious

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
This is a game where I would lean on both Matthews & Kadri lines. If you can get both lines around 20 minutes, it reduces the chance of McDavid vs Bozak line (which they will eat alive). My goal would be not going out of my way to try to match Kadri/Matthews vs McDavid line, rather, not get caught with Bozak/Moore line out vs them.

Edit: I just read the practice lines, I'm guessing Babcock knows full well Bozak line would get eaten alive and changed things up. Nice.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Lines at Leafs practice

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
JvR-Kadri-Komarov
Marleau-Bozak-Brown
Martin-Moore-Nylander
Soshnikov, Leivo

I'm a fan

I like the lines as well and it is a new look. Ideally I wish Willy was not on the 4th line, but that aside they are pretty good. I love how Bozak is insulated and Marner is back with Matthews.

Oilers expected lines as per their board are:

Lucic-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Maroon-RNH-Slepyshev
Caggiula-Draisaitl-Strome
Khaira-Letestu-Kassian

I would love to see the Matthews line, line up against the McDavid line, and let them slug it out. Willy may have a field day against their 4th line as well.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
If Toronto sticks to a fast game and stays away from a physical game....they will crush the Oil imo. Just hoping for an enjoyable game at least.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Talbot apparently may not be playing tomorrow, tweaked something upper body related last night.

If that happens I just hope the boys come to the rink ready to work and don't expect things to "just happen" because there facing the backup

Effort and being ready to play goes a long way when you've got this much talent on a roster

member 262271

I enjoy these later games, 8pm is a damned convenient time for me, nice little treat! Hoping for a big game from Papi, Mitchy, and Willie. In general though a solid team game would be great, too.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We lost to Arizona recently so I wouldn't count out the struggling Oilers. They have enough talent to score goals.

If Talbot isn't playing, Leafs need to take advantage of their back up and put as many shots on him as possible.

It's a winnable game. Just need the Leafs to show up on time and take it.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
McDavid knows whats up:

He would know what it means since he grew up a Leaf fan. High IQ even outside the rink.

He also bought a nice luxurious house in Newmarket this past summer. He's already planning his escape out of Edmonton......muhahahahahaha!

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
I don’t know if I even wanna watch this game, knowing that Willie will probably just play 7 minutes tops (maybe 10: PP; he played around 9 minutes 5v5) because the fourth lines will rarely be on the ice, so why should I even bother? And I honestly don’t give a eff about our top line at all, so I’d rather spend my time doing something else. Meh, I’ll see. I hope he is able to score a goal in the limited time he’s playing.

I just wanna see a win at the end of the day, and that’s it. Also, I don’t think it’s gonna be as easy as people here might think, especially because the Oilers won their last two or three games and they’ll play the Leafs so that’s definitely a big motivation to step up their game, lol. So, yeah, let’s wait and see.

I don’t think that Nylander is gonna request a trade. Why should he? He loves Toronto, I guess. I wouldn’t want him to leave the team and he probably doesn’t want to, either. But what do I know, right?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
JVR on a counter line should be interesting. Marleau and Kadri needed to separated, Marner and Matthews hopefully gets them both going.

Hopefully Bozak gets a goal, he’s been ice cold in that department this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad