Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ NYI - Wednesday Nov 13 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I feel like I only read these sort of comments about the Leafs and never about any other team. It's so weird how there's some sort of inferiority complex.

Tampa is a soft team that gets it a lot too.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Anyone know if Hyman is going to play this game. It's tough losing Marner but if Hyman is back, that'll help.

Babcock said he was "optimistic" and it seems like he will be ready.

Practice is about to start so we'll soon find out.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Tough 4 game stint coming up. Would be great to start things off with 2 points before heading into the back to back!

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
There are 5 teams only 1 point behind the Leafs (all with games in hand). 3 play tonight. I fully expect we'll be in 7th place in the conference after tonight and then we play the Isles, Boston and Pittsburgh (3 games in 4 nights). Not hard to predict where we'll be in the standings by Sunday (and still with a stupid number of teams with games in hand behind us).

Sorry to be pessimistic but I kinda am.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Same, and I don't think he is... but they don't have a ton of options this year due to the cap.

JT and Matty really need to lead this team through the next month and be on their A game... along with Andy... and hopefully Kask can play solid when called on. Its doable... but again... it's their effort level as a team that is most concerning.

Well right now they could recall anyone from the Marlies with their $10mm cap space.

Perhaps worried about waivers?

Or showcasing Petan?

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
There are 5 teams only 1 point behind the Leafs (all with games in hand). 3 play tonight. I fully expect we'll be in 7th place in the conference after tonight and then we play the Isles, Boston and Pittsburgh (3 games in 4 nights). Not hard to predict where we'll be in the standings by Sunday (and still with a stupid number of teams with games in hand behind us).

Try the main board......they'll love your perspective.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Well right now they could recall anyone from the Marlies with their $10mm cap space.

Perhaps worried about waivers?

Or showcasing Petan?

Yeah possibly... but he already cleared waivers.

As for cap... I just mean... in a month or so hopefully Marner is back.

So even with the 10 mil extra... yes they don't have to worry about the cap for a bit longer... but obviously he'll be back eventually.

With the space they do have temporarily... yeah... basically they can just try guys off the Marlies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If we play this game like we 3rd period in the hawks, we will win.

And if we play the way we did in the 1st period?

Rhetorical question, never mind.

Give Kask a chance tomorrow night with a rested team see how the kid does. Sooner we see what we have with him the better. Give him the 2nd half of the back to back also. If he can't cut it - get someone else pronto.

LOL no, not a chance. Giving us the best chance to pick up points tomorrow night is 100 times more important then "seeing what we have" a few days earlier then we would otherwise.

Instead of predicting anything, why not just look at the standings today by PTS% which is a 100% accurate picture of where we are today. Click on the link below and see for yourself - 11th in the East baby!!

NHL.com - Stats

Ericmacdonald15

Nov 7, 2019
Should be a good game tough schedule coming this week should go into overtime Hyman is back so it will add some sandpaper I guess time to end nyi long winning steak go leafs

Ericmacdonald15

Nov 7, 2019
they lost that winning streak to pitts last week, but still have a point streak going, we should end that :)
Oh ok didn’t know !!!! I expect it to be a close game I would be surprised to see another overtime leafs will win I think islanders will score first tho lol !!! Hoping they 2/3 here another back to back Friday Saturday

Reactions: rubous

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Hyman being back is nice but tbh how much will he even play. 10 mins, maybe 11. Babcock should not overplay this guy. He tore his ACL and that can have lingering impacts into next seasons play. Do not want a robbing fabbri/samuel Morin case where he over exerts himself early and suffers the same injury again
Ease him in. If Hyman is like the rest of the players he will float a bit and just try to ease himself in over the next week or 2. If he is as tenacious and aggressive as Babcock says than the guy will go all out right away which hopefully does not harm him. Gotta keep caution with him as the JT line last year was dominant and should be great again come mid January with everyone fully healthy (fingers crossed).

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Can you guys do us a solid and beat the Isles in regulation?

Thanks in advance,

All Capitals fans
:thumbu: :laugh:

You just doomed us to failure with this request.

This team buckles under pressure, and now knowing this? Blowout in NY pending.......

..... then again, they may shock the hell out of all of us and actually win...

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
You just doomed us to failure with this request.

This team buckles under pressure, and now knowing this? Blowout in NY pending.......

..... then again, they may shock the hell out of all of us and actually win...

My god, what the hell have I done!!!!

Anyway good luck tomorrow, the whole Capitals fandom is counting on you. :thumbu:

Last edited:

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I'm disappointed, I just don't see Petan as a long term solution to anything on the Leafs.
Definitely sire. He Petan doesn't brang anythang to the club. No guns and no hostages.

Ours getting Hyman bezack will make us stronger, more D-oriented and tready.

Mayne we bout to crush on these suckas tomorrow! We bout to like be gone by daylight and they be so full of sorrow!

Reactions: al secord

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Idiocy is deeply ingrained in their culture. It's the passion that unites them all.

First person to set up an anger management clinic on the island is going to become a billionaire. Obviously provided they have armed bodyguards.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Tampa has lots of grit and skill.
For certainly sire. They got so many mothas who taking out otha suckas we can't even understando. Even Paquette alone and that Joseph fellow is some treal dirty dirt. Also uh don't forget about Maroon, Killorn or even Cernak. These fellas bout to hit that thang rreal hard. Hell, even Point mixes up that thang sometimes.

We gots to get ready too. Playoffs is near.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad