Friedman: Leafs not willing to move Kapanen or Sandin

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Actually, I think at this point...most us are hoping Dubas loses Waddell's number.

We need to make a big splash top-6 F trade for one of our RHD, not a package, and not involving taking back another D.

There is a team out there who should be an ideal match, except their GM is convinced he can get one of our RHD for a package of ****, keeps declaring any piece that could return one of our RHD "untouchable", and is stalking us around the league.

Really wish he'd just **** off and go away. Don't want to trade with the Leafs for anything Dubas considers "touchable."

Feel like the Canes FO may feel the same, all the reports of scouting make it seem one-way. Toronto is scouting the Canes, but the Canes don't seem to be scouting the Leafs very much.
Got a name ....of a top 6 scoring guy in mind. Just for comparison sake!

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Actually, I think at this point...most us are hoping Dubas loses Waddell's number.

We need to make a big splash top-6 F trade for one of our RHD, not a package, and not involving taking back another D.

There is a team out there who should be an ideal match, except their GM is convinced he can get one of our RHD for a package of ****, keeps declaring any piece that could return one of our RHD "untouchable", and is stalking us around the league.

Really wish he'd just **** off and go away. Don't want to trade with the Leafs for anything Dubas considers "touchable."

Feel like the Canes FO may feel the same, all the reports of scouting make it seem one-way. Toronto is scouting the Canes, but the Canes don't seem to be scouting the Leafs very much.

Leafs have a few high-octane forwards after Kappy and AJ. Have to think the Canes would be interested in winger Jeremy Bracco.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Do tell which of those players is better than Sandin and Kapanan. It means absolute jack, it's like me saying that Tyler Biggs and Stuart Percy had value over other guys though they were first round busts. You also give JT Miller no credit like he's some scrub in the trade, Tampa gave what they gave because he was also in it without him the Rangers get significantly less for Mcdonagh and not a Sandin or Kapanen.

BTW: 26. Rasmus SANDIN Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Marlies.....you should probably read the list first before getting owned like this.

https://www.tsn.ca/top-50-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.1241869

I was talking about Johnson and Liljegren.

WildWolfdog

Dec 4, 2008
Doesn’t interest the canes.

They have no reason to move Pesce. Why would they think they’d be better off with a concussed middle-six winger and a low first?

LOL, so that's how Johnsson is going to be de-valued on here? That he has a concussion so he's not a solid piece?

I guess Crosby would b an aging C with a history of concussions, so he's probably not worth a lot either.

*** no one is saying Johnsson is anywhere close to being in the same league as Crosby ***

WildWolfdog

Dec 4, 2008
Sorry but johns is middle six at best. Liljgren is just that a prospect. Just try to keep persepective

The thing is, not too long ago - people were saying Kapanen was a 3rd line energy guy at best. And that includes Leafs fans.

It's too early to limit his ceiling. Then again he could bust and end up a 4th liner (unlikely, but still).

Lainehasaweirdface

May 14, 2015
Yup, that seems comparable.

... I mean yeah, same number of pieces, Namestnikov is better than Brown, Liljegren is a better prospect than Howden, Bracco and Hajek are on the same tier, if anything Leafs' picks should be better than Tampa's seems pretty comparable, no?:huh:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Do tell which of those players is better than Sandin and Kapanan. It means absolute jack, it's like me saying that Tyler Biggs and Stuart Percy had value over other guys though they were first round busts. You also give JT Miller no credit like he's some scrub in the trade, Tampa gave what they gave because he was also in it without him the Rangers get significantly less for Mcdonagh and not a Sandin or Kapanen.

BTW: 26. Rasmus SANDIN Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Marlies.....you should probably read the list first before getting owned like this.

https://www.tsn.ca/top-50-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.1241869
My freind...don't bother. Let the Habs fan have his fun.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The thing is, not too long ago - people were saying Kapanen was a 3rd line energy guy at best. And that includes Leafs fans.

It's too early to limit his ceiling. Then again he could bust and end up a 4th liner (unlikely, but still).
Agreed leaps can happen like sandin jumping over liljgren and in blues aspect sundqvuist went from barley making team to third line stud. It happens

Reactions: WildWolfdog

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Lol people are seriously underrating Johnsson. Dude has incredible underlying numbers. With more usage on a team with a shortage of wingers and some PP time he’d be a 60-65 pt two way winger.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
... I mean yeah, same number of pieces, Namestnikov is better than Brown, Liljegren is a better prospect than Howden, Bracco and Hajek are on the same tier, if anything Leafs' picks should be better than Tampa's seems pretty comparable, no?:huh:

You are responding to a post where literally the only thing I said was that it was comparable... why are you asking me again?

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
These Canes/Leafs proposals are hilarious. Give us the player we want and we will give you something you don't. Proceed with convincing team being fleeced that it is a good deal for them. Rinse, repeat.

Reactions: go comets

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
These Canes/Leafs proposals are hilarious. Give us the player we want and we will give you something you don't. Proceed with convincing team being fleeced that it is a good deal for them. Rinse, repeat.
That is every proposal regardless of team.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I was talking about Johnson and Liljegren.

It wasn't a bad point, but too be fair neither Howden nor Hajek were on that list last season.
Too be fairer, it's annually joke of a list and should be retitled Craig Button's WJC Hype Fest. The man doesn't watch the AHL.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Lol people are seriously underrating Johnsson. Dude has incredible underlying numbers. With more usage on a team with a shortage of wingers and some PP time he’d be a 60-65 pt two way winger.
i think its silly to sit here and say johnsson is a 60-65 player. He plays on an offensive juggernaut of a team odds are he either stays the same points wise or his overall pts decrease. to sit here and say a 40 pt guy will be 60 or a 30 pt guy (brown) will hit 60 is ludicrous. To think leaf fans get mad when there players are undervalued.... maybe its you who are over valuing your players and that other fanbases are calling it like they see it.

Reactions: The S5

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
i think its silly to sit here and say johnsson is a 60-65 player.

It's not silly, it's premature. Since being moved to the top 9 he's played at a 60 point pace.
It's yet to be seen if he can keep that up reliably over a longer period of time

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
So he is as good or better than Nylander and still your GM was willing to pay Nylander 6.9 m/yr.
Matthews=Tavares>Marner>Kapanen>Nylander=Johnsson
Kadri for sure is also as good or better than Nylander.

Something does not compute :huh:

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
It's not silly, it's premature. Since being moved to the top 9 he's played at a 60 point pace.
It's yet to be seen if he can keep that up reliably over a longer period of time

Its silly. At one point Kappy was pacing at 70+ points 35 goals and that slowed down. But like i said if he moved teams his numbers would most likely decrease instead of increasing. You guys really need to stop over rating all your players. Kappy is legit top 6. Johns and brown are middle six. Not top pairing like some leaf fans think.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
i think its silly to sit here and say johnsson is a 60-65 player. He plays on an offensive juggernaut of a team odds are he either stays the same points wise or his overall pts decrease. to sit here and say a 40 pt guy will be 60 or a 30 pt guy (brown) will hit 60 is ludicrous. To think leaf fans get mad when there players are undervalued.... maybe its you who are over valuing your players and that other fanbases are calling it like they see it.

Much like Namstakinov had 20-goals (as a Tampa Bay Lightning forward) last year at the time of the trade and he's scored six goals since.

Reactions: Colt55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad