Friedman: Leafs not willing to move Kapanen or Sandin

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Thanks for sharing!.............have to give to get so its only picks and other prospects or roster players?

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
So if they truly have their sights on Pesce, all this means is that they’re not getting him. There’s no trade to be had without Kapanen or Kadri as one the the main parts for Pesce.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
This makes sense, Kapanen will more than exceed his current value by the end of the season. Johnsson, Liljegren and picks/prospects are their most movable assets with decent value

Yes but probably not enough to catch the big fish Dubas wants. That’s the issue here.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Makes sense, if you are going to give up the big assets, the key assets you need a difference maker, if that's not out there then you keep Kapanen, Sandin, Lilgerjen etc there are other options.

I still think the Leafs and Canes eventually strike a deal for Faulk

Reactions: DanM

Svechnicanes

Oct 10, 2018
There's endless examples of top-4 D being moved for anywhere between 2x 2nd to 1st+2x 2nd, Kapenen was never a serious discussion because he's overkill unless we're big game hunting.
Endless you say... go on...let's see a list of past trades and potential options!

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Makes sense, if you are going to give up the big assets, the key assets you need a difference maker, if that's not out there then you keep Kapanen, Sandin, Lilgerjen etc there are other options.

I still think the Leafs and Canes eventually strike a deal for Faulk

Faulk could probably be had for some combination of futures. With what is available, Pesce and Hamilton should be off the table at this point given all of the Leafs proclamations about trade availability.

Svechnicanes

Oct 10, 2018
McDonagh- 1st+Top Prospect+B Prospect
Shattenkirk 1st+B Prospect+ Contract
Hamonic 1st +2nd+2nd
Hamilton 1st + 2nd +2nd
Boychuk 2nd+2nd
I looked at the Hamilton trade. Are you telling me TOR 1st + B prospects is equivalent to #15 overall and 2 2nd round picks? If Toronto is as good as they claim, and make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs or more, the Calgary pick is almost twice as much (source nhl draft pick value article from 2011).

This is even before we consider that Hamilton was an RFA on a salary cap strapped Bruins club who NEEDED to move him.

Too often people look only at the players involved and not the circumstances around them. Come up with a similar candidate and start looking but please remove Pesce from offers with the main piece being Johnsson, 1st pick or below.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad