Leafs No Longer Keeping Facilities Open in Off Season:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
:laugh: at this quote "We don't like that" as if that should matter at all. You don't like that Toronto's playera are getting better? We don't like that other teams have good players. I propose no good hockey players are allowed.

That is hilarious. We haven't won a f***ing round and we are somehow the boogie man around the league.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
guess teams are noticing the Leafs finally move in the right direction and aren't liking what they see.
Well you look at the Habs, who haven't developed a single significant player in Laval in recent years, and then look at our record when it comes to developing late round guys into decent NHL players through the Marlies.

Next there will be a cap on how many specialized coaches or skill sessions we can do. Ridiculous stuff.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I think quietly there is definitely resentment about the type of coin the Leafs can throw around off-ice, among other things. These two recent incidents are examples of that resentment bubbling to the surface. The Leafs have financial options available that most teams don't, and let's be honest, money has played a major factor in their turnaround. Enormous sums were spent on bringing in Shanahan/Lou/Babs, on player buyouts, on facilities for the players, etc to get us moving in the right direction. More recently, the ability of the Leafs to pay huge sums up front via signing bonus is not something every team can do either.

Reactions: weems

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
And people seriously think the league isn't biased against the Leafs.

Tell me - what other professional sport would do something like this to their biggest money-making team?

That building is property of the Leafs, how the f*** is it the NHL's business to tell the Leafs when and where they can use it? Good god is this f***ing dumb.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
This new rule is probably one of the most backward-thinking ideas the league could come up with. If anything, more teams should have made the option available rather than complain of unfairness. What team wouldn’t want players to condition on their own time during offseasons?

Reactions: leafsfan5

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
I’d like to know what teams complained since I doubt leafs were the only team to do this.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
And people seriously think the league isn't biased against the Leafs.

Tell me - what other professional sport would do something like this to their biggest money-making team?

That building is property of the Leafs, how the f*** is it the NHL's business to tell the Leafs when and where they can use it? Good god is this f***ing dumb.
I don't think it's just the leafs, but the league is determined to make every team completely mediocre

Reactions: weems

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Dukie.gif

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Who knew teams with a financial advantage would provide the best resources available to gain a competitive advantage?

The league always catering/pandering to the lesser lights of the league pisses me off.
Yea the thing that pisses me off the most is that every team could afford to keep their training facilities open in the summer because of revenue sharing.

For example Florida would got a cheque for $150M at the end of a season recently.

All the teams could develop their players this way. Greedy owners are preventing it from happening, while at the same time trying to say nobody else should be allowed to do it either.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
So a team cant even use their own facilities in the offseason anymore?

Whats next, players cant see the team doctors in the summer? :laugh:

Really weird rule. Even weirded that teams had a problem with the Leafs doing when they could do it too...

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Get a good lawyer to go through the exact wording and I'm sure they will find a way around it.

Reactions: Mad hatter

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Yea the thing that pisses me off the most is that every team could afford to keep their training facilities open in the summer because of revenue sharing.

For example Florida would got a cheque for $150M at the end of a season recently.

Finding that hard to believe, could you post a link to this, the number sounds absurd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad