Leafs No Longer Keeping Facilities Open in Off Season:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Read this Twitter thread through. Pretty ridiculous how league continues to hinder the Leafs's ability to use it's resource pool. Came from Elliot Friedman on SN590:

Well that makes it the same for everyone,
Maybe the league should allow all teams to do it instead.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Lol this is one of the dumbest things that the NHL has ever implemented...

Canadians teams already get screwed over with tax situations, but god forbid if one team actually wants to gain an advantage by investing in their players more. That sure as hell is not allowed. But who cares about the tax advantages that several markets have over Canadian teams which is something completely out of their own control...

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Weird decision, Senators train at the Canadian tire centre in the off season as well. I guess not anymore.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
upload_2020-7-17_11-45-26.png

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
It cuts in ti other teams revenue sharing cut i guess because of the extra costs the leafs incur ha.

Leafs should be able to run this franchise whatever way they see fit. Thats a dictatorship incase anyone was looking fir the right word for it :)

Reactions: Kurtz and kb

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Seriously what a joke. This organization already props up these destitute franchises with revenue sharing and there’s a hard cap we can’t go over. God f***ing forbid we’re allowed to use our financial muscle for anything, otherwise the pauper owners go crying to mommy and daddy. “Waaahhhh! The Leafs can afford to keep their facilities running during the off-season! It’s not faaaiiiirrrr!”

I can’t believe other fans think this league caters to us. What reality do those people live in?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
what a load of crap. It’s not like the Leafs are forcing players to go there and practice in the off-season; players do it voluntarily

absolute load of crap!

May be force the players to pay into hockey pool who play for tax haven states. If you want equality and fairness then let every player in the league have the same tax structure too then

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
At a certain point it just becomes embarrassing by the league, I'm pretty sure we are well past that. What next? Their hotel rooms need to have the heat cranked to 30 because it's a little hotter somewhere else? MLSE needs to tell the NHL to shove it up their ass already

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
*Other teams gain significant advantages through the cap, cap inflator, cap circumvention contracts, tax loopholes, sketchy "retirements", revenue sharing, etc.*
NHL: :thumbu::rolly::yashin::tmi:
*Leafs let their prospects train in their owned facility in the off-season if they want to*
NHL: :eek::whine::pout::rant:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Really though what are they going to do if the teams that do this...because it isn't just the Leafs that do this. Just kept doing it? The NHL is toothless anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->