Leafs No Longer Keeping Facilities Open in Off Season:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
You know what else is a fact,
up to 24/25 season
Marner - 61 million bonus money, 23 Million more than Stone, 61M taxed at 15%, so Marner has the advantage at paying less taxes on 23M.
Stone - 38 million bonus money, 38 M taxed at 15%.

bonus money is taxed at only 15%. That's a better rate than most pay.
Hopefully you realize.
Not so fast there bud. He doesnt have USA citizenship so thats false. It works for Matthews and Tavares according to this article. Found nothing to indicate it is the tax rate for Marner.
John Tavares Could Save Nearly $12 Million In Taxes On His New Contract

Every damn player in any country can play the tax game. Stone gets the same deal on his bonuses yes

It specifically says in this article that Marner has no such tax luxury. You sure you know what you are lecturing about here For Marner and Leonard, it pays to know a few contract shortcuts
Marner is entirely different but you insist its not. No its not now money it’s retirement money any he will also get a pension from the Nhl that is taxed etc.

Its not all black and white like you are implying at all. Not my specialty by any means, just posting what i researched

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Calculate raw taxes from team to team country to country andsee where basic tax rates differ.Enter any player for any team and compare the salaries at taxed rates. Put Marner in Tampa Bay and Kane in toronto or whatever you like. Boston is a pretty light tax state too as a advantage in tax. Bettman loaded us up against all the light tax states in our conference for the most part Ha
Tax Calculator | Gavin Group

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Never heard of Rachel; it doesn't matter anymore;
and it's not a big deal really, you just can't have coaches on the ice, in the summer, it's the players time away from coaching ,this was the was intent in the prior CBA, just not explicit. They still get to do everything else on the ice and in the training rooms.

It mattered enough that other teams complained it was making our players better. The teams brought it up as an issue, not the players. This is just the league discouraging out of the box thinking.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
League got complaints from the losers that we have to many O’s in Toronto. Putting in a grammar challenge to a arbitration hearing that we change our name to “Leaves”

Last edited:

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
They use all the team facilities, training, weight, hot and cold tub etc. They don't use the ice, the ice is taken out at the end of the season. and then setup for summer concerts etc. They use the Sensplex, 4 pad arena, 3 NHL rinks and 1 Olympic sized rink. The sensplex is 500 metres down the road from the CTC, when they want to skate.

It was a joke.

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
It was the cheap teams who complained because summer facilities/training coaches was giving Leafs competitive advantage in attracting / signing young free agent Russians etc

Last edited:

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
You’d think the league would want players to be in the best possible shape in order to have the highest quality product for the viewing audience. What a short sighted load of horseshit.

The NHL is bush league and it's leaders are full of horseshit as well. Nobody should ver care if players want to get better or work on skills in the summer.

This is just more reasons why the NHL is so far behind other big sports leagues.

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
There is a reason why my interest in the game has gone down a lot of late. The league is just being very very very stupid it seems. Time for a change of guard IMO.
Bettman's 68 now, he's got to be thinking about retirement soon. With the CBA now extended to 25-26 season, I'll predict he steps away by end of 22-23 the latest--- give new commish at least 2 years on job before next CBA

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
tenor.gif

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
What a total and complete joke ... da NHL has turned into a mediocre league striving for parity at all costs ... Bettman and Jacobs are such a joke ... lets continue to strive to help out da teams which should not be in our league (move them to AHL fast) ... Bettman will only retire once he lands his BIG PROMISED US national TV deal and can go down in history as guy who brought that to NHL ... again I have been hearing it for 30 years so I will only believe it when I see it

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Bettman's 68 now, he's got to be thinking about retirement soon. With the CBA now extended to 25-26 season, I'll predict he steps away by end of 22-23 the latest--- give new commish at least 2 years on job before next CBA
Daly will be appointed .We won’t see much difference but Bettman really grew the league for owners. Stuff like this whining He should tell them complaining to suck it up. Obviously teams complaining don’t figure they owe their prospects the very best development facilities and best chance to succeeding opportunities if it cost money to do so. If it was the Nhlpa bringing it up as a issue of teams pressuring players when they are on their own time it’s a different story. It’s always been voluntary. Thats why no issue from players . Leafs say, we will always provide you with anything you need for developing at your own accord no problem, no pressure just ask. That’s awesome.
Who ever complained should be outed. Who were the teams? Players knowing who they were and agents knowing who they were would be good Karma for them teams. A advantage!! That’s supporting your players. The complainers simply don’t support their players.
Darn i hope they get exposed:)

Reactions: freshwind

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->