Eklund Rumor: Leafs Moving On From JVR

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Eklund quote:

"Although van Riemsdyk wants to remain a Leaf for a long time, I am starting to get a strong sense that the Leafs are thinking strongly of moving on in an attempt to solidify their D. His ice time has been decreasing and you can see in his play he is growing more and more frustrated..."

hockey buzz.com

For a link

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
That's Eklund's thought? This is what everyone thinks. He's turning into a 3rd liner in Toronto.
He's too one-dimensional and soft to give 8 years to.

Reactions: Elephanto

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Will this guy ever stop? :laugh:

Of course if JVR gets moved at the deadline Eklund will claim victory, but I don't see Lou rocking the boat like this.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Jack Johnson looked pretty good the other night.

Johnson + 2nd for JVR?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Why would he have been moved already? The trade deadline is still a week and a half away. Plus they could use his scoring for as long as the could.

If you couldn't get it done in the summer when the JVR/Hamonic deal was by all accounts inches away from being done, you won't do it now when you need a D man but JVR is a rental so all you'll get is picks because that is what rentals get so all trading him now does is create a hole in the lineup which is pointless.

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
You would move Faulk for a deal centered around a UFA scoring winger? I wouldn't even hesitate as a Leafs fan - regardless of Faulk's struggles.

I'm confident we could sign him, and reuniting Faulk with Hainsey could spark Faulk's offensive play.

We can work out adds to make it more balanced but those two should be centerpieces in a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad