Eklund Rumor: Leafs Moving On From JVR

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
JVR tries a lot harder in the offensive zone. He puts in more effort in the defensive zone in more important games it seems when the adrenaline is going.

However JVR and Bozak have developed a pretty good cycle game in the offensive zone, often results in a JVR shot from in close. Not so good at defending the cycle in their zone however.

But ya he puts in a 30 goal pace most years so he is valued highly around the league for sure. He will be missed more than people think but Leafs are way too deep on the wings to justify re-signing him when they have the big 3 + Gardiner contracts needing a renewal pretty soon

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
You can always tell the people who don't watch Leafs games based on when they compare JVR to Leivo. It's a very good litmus test.

Lol did you even read the post? When did I specifically compare Leivo and JVR. I clearly said JVR is more skilled but I was specifically talking about having an impact each game from every part of the ice.

Yes offensively he'll always get his points but Everyone knows JVR's defensive game is a major weakness. Also for a such a big guy, he barely ever uses his body in physical way. Theres a reason JVR's ice time is decreasing and Babcock has no faith in him the last 5-10 min of a game.

Reading Comprehension buddy. Good litmus test indeed

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
JVR tries a lot harder in the offensive zone. He puts in more effort in the defensive zone in more important games it seems when the adrenaline is going.

However JVR and Bozak have developed a pretty good cycle game in the offensive zone, often results in a JVR shot from in close. Not so good at defending the cycle in their zone however.

But ya he puts in a 30 goal pace most years so he is valued highly around the league for sure. He will be missed more than people think but Leafs are way too deep on the wings to justify re-signing him when they have the big 3 + Gardiner contracts needing a renewal pretty soon
imo gardiner will leave after 2019

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
These proposals involving Ellis/JVR seem bizarre to me.

NSH is a model franchise that found their success with deep defense. Now they are going to give up depth to be like Toronto (forward depth)?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
ellis isn't a top pairing d.
Any of our top 4 Dmen are top pairing Dmen, the only people that don't realize that are those that don't watch a ton of Preds hockey.

He plays in every situation and has a heck of a shot to boot. He sees the ice probably better than anyone on the team.

Frankly if he wouldn't have been out for the first half of the season he probably would have been Captain, not Josi.

I think if you asked Poile it woukd probably take just as much to get him as it would Josi or Subban, he just doesn't get the recognition the other two get.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Any of our top 4 Dmen are top pairing Dmen, the only people that don't realize that are those that don't watch a ton of Preds hockey.

He plays in every situation and has a heck of a shot to boot. He sees the ice probably better than anyone on the team.

Frankly if he wouldn't have been out for the first half of the season he probably would have been Captain, not Josi.

I think if you asked Poile it woukd probably take just as much to get him as it would Josi or Subban, he just doesn't get the recognition the other two get.
Nope. Josi is better and would have been captain regardless.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Nope. Josi is better and would have been captain regardless.

Better at skating? Sure, frankly that's about it. And if you watched the playoffs closely last year and the leadership shown by certain players then you would understand why I say what I do about him being Captain.

It was a pretty even split on which one most thought would get it.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Lol did you even read the post? When did I specifically compare Leivo and JVR. I clearly said JVR is more skilled but I was specifically talking about having an impact each game from every part of the ice.

Yes offensively he'll always get his points but Everyone knows JVR's defensive game is a major weakness. Also for a such a big guy, he barely ever uses his body in physical way. Theres a reason JVR's ice time is decreasing and Babcock has no faith in him the last 5-10 min of a game.

Reading Comprehension buddy. Good litmus test indeed

I think you need to re-read your own post. Good to see those Mensa members have started posting here.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Never have time for generic Eklund bs. But, always keep my ear like a millimetre open for Eklund rumours pertaining to Flyers/ex-Flyers news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->