Leafs Lounge V.134 - Where Vegetarians Rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
Yo Bert. Season starts tonight and you've got IR guys on your roster (though they're not playing tonight). Just wanna make sure your team is ready.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
1. Owning a car is not a good thing. Cars are not assets, especially since the majority of the time you're financing a new car it will be a big ol lump of negative equity (where the money you owe is more than what the car is worth). Let's say you buy a car today for $25,000. By the time you finance and everything, the total money you'll owe is around $30,000. As soon as you drive off the lot, the car is suddenly worth $22,000. So you're $8000 in the hole already.

Now let's say you have an unexpected kid or something or you just need a different vehicle. Do you have any idea how hard it is to sell your car that's worth $10,000 when the amount you owe is still $15,000?

2. Never pay for repairs: most vehicle warranties run out just about the time you finish paying off your car. Most people opt for a 6-8 year financing term, which is simply idiotic. Do you really want to still be paying the same amount per month for a 6-8 year old car as you were when it was brand new? $400 a month for a car with 100,000km+ on it? And then have to start paying for repairs and maintenance? Total waste of money. When the lease is up you just give the car back to the dealer, no fees (unless you have damage), no paying for repairs.

3. Pay less for a better car. If i financed my car for 60 months, the payments would be like $600 a month.

4. I'm the kind of guy that will definitely be getting a new car every few years. I don't want to finance, ever. I don't want to have a car in my name, ever. It's not a positive asset to creditors and banks. You can get creative and consolidate the car loan into your mortgage and stuff like that, but overall, it's just not a good idea to finance a car long term. Since i plan on getting new cars frequently, leasing is the right thing for me.

I learned a lot from selling cars. One lesson is that financing is incredibly stupid.

Aren't you limited to so many KM per year on a car though? For that reason I could never lease.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
forgot games started today and didn't dress Kule or Reims..oh well Cor will just have a slight advantage and I will have to catch up.

JMcLeaf

forgot games started today and didn't dress Kule or Reims..oh well Cor will just have a slight advantage and I will have to catch up.

70545-Jesse-Pinkman-what-gif-imgur-lWaL.gif

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I told my mom I wanted a belly button piercing and she just looked at me and said, " so this is what its comes to? Your going to go around exposing your stomach to everyone?" :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad