Leafs Lounge V.134 - Where Vegetarians Rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Coolio. We mods are human too...example I like to do mod interventions when needed.

michelle-jenneke-dancing-gif-2d1aa7bd-original.gif

Classic... Sad to see we've gotten away from these roots

And Kessel close to an extension.. Wha?

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Fun fact for the day: Kadri is the current active Leafs hat trick leader, with 2 :laugh:

What can I say, the man is an absolute beast.

That performance against the NYI is the best single game performance by a leaf since Sundin's 5 point night against the Panthers. Man was that game ever fun to watch.

Ace88*

Sup fellas. Two classes were cancelled this week so i get today off! Gonna do some homework and start working on getting my car's lease taken over.

Ace88*

What kind of lease you got? And what car?

2012 Honda Civic Si, 38,000km. 36 months left on the lease at $323.64/month tax included, which is literally the cheapest payment you will ever find on a '12-13 Si. I got it when i sold em, so i got an employee discount and then some. I dont think i'll have trouble finding a taker.

Chandrashekhar Limit

Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
2012 Honda Civic Si, 38,000km. 36 months left on the lease at $323.64/month tax included, which is literally the cheapest payment you will ever find on a '12-13 Si. I got it when i sold em, so i got an employee discount and then some. I dont think i'll have trouble finding a taker.

Yea, good car, good price. Why are you selling it? Got a better car lined up in mind ;)?

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County

Leasing seems dumb to me. Why make payments on something you aren't even going to own? (it may have made sense to you as far as your employee discount but I mean leases in general)

Chandrashekhar Limit

Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Leasing seems dumb to me. Why make payments on something you aren't even going to own? (it may have made sense to you as far as your employee discount but I mean leases in general)

If you have the money, and like to drive new cars, its a good idea. You will lose that much money buying, and reselling anyways.

Ace88*

Yea, good car, good price. Why are you selling it? Got a better car lined up in mind ;)?

Not selling it. Lease takeover. And between the lease payment, insurance, and gas, im physically unable to work the hours i need to in order to pay for it while im in school :( buying a car though, budget is $5000. When i graduate i'll get a brand new car again. It sucks so unbelievably hard that i have to give it up, but it would suck harder to not be in school and do what i've been doing for the last 3 years (working **** jobs with no future)

Ace88*

1. Owning a car is not a good thing. Cars are not assets, especially since the majority of the time you're financing a new car it will be a big ol lump of negative equity (where the money you owe is more than what the car is worth). Let's say you buy a car today for $25,000. By the time you finance and everything, the total money you'll owe is around $30,000. As soon as you drive off the lot, the car is suddenly worth $22,000. So you're $8000 in the hole already.

Now let's say you have an unexpected kid or something or you just need a different vehicle. Do you have any idea how hard it is to sell your car that's worth $10,000 when the amount you owe is still $15,000?

2. Never pay for repairs: most vehicle warranties run out just about the time you finish paying off your car. Most people opt for a 6-8 year financing term, which is simply idiotic. Do you really want to still be paying the same amount per month for a 6-8 year old car as you were when it was brand new? $400 a month for a car with 100,000km+ on it? And then have to start paying for repairs and maintenance? Total waste of money. When the lease is up you just give the car back to the dealer, no fees (unless you have damage), no paying for repairs.

3. Pay less for a better car. If i financed my car for 60 months, the payments would be like $600 a month.

4. I'm the kind of guy that will definitely be getting a new car every few years. I don't want to finance, ever. I don't want to have a car in my name, ever. It's not a positive asset to creditors and banks. You can get creative and consolidate the car loan into your mortgage and stuff like that, but overall, it's just not a good idea to finance a car long term. Since i plan on getting new cars frequently, leasing is the right thing for me.

I learned a lot from selling cars. One lesson is that financing is incredibly stupid.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Dallas Eakins just called me. Apparently I'm an assistant captain for the Oilers this year.

Ace88*

God dammit, you too? He told me that if i take the A then im in charge of diaper changing :(

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
What can I say, the man is an absolute beast.

That performance against the NYI is the best single game performance by a leaf since Sundin's 5 point night against the Panthers. Man was that game ever fun to watch.

Where he scored 4 goals, including the OT winner?

Yeah, I was at that game .. Had sick seats, 20 rows up from the endboards for a perfect view of his OT winner ... It was unreal!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Sundin's game vs the Flames is the best game by a Leaf 2000 onwards.

Chandrashekhar Limit

Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Where he scored 4 goals, including the OT winner?

Yeah, I was at that game .. Had sick seats, 20 rows up from the endboards for a perfect view of his OT winner ... It was unreal!

Obviously that one :laugh: Lucky *******!

When I think of Sundin, the other game that comes to mind is the one where he scored his 500th on that slapper in OT. Good times.

I ****ing forgot I'm in Atlantic time. Game starts at 8 :(:(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad