OT: Leafs Lounge v.130 - Pepperidge Farm Remembers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
Yeah I took the courses I need for that but these are the extra ones that I wanted to choose for fun. I have 2 slots left and these are the 4 options. French I wanted to take because the more I can speak the better (love the language). Law, because I figured a little knowledge would prolly benefit me if I'm going into the sciences. But I'm really into anicent history and I think with a pretty stressful schedule already (english, functions, bio, chem, physics, psych) it would be nice to have a course like that. And geography is interesting as well.

I've already taken french and law, but I'm debating dropping them for geography and history. None of the courses really have anything to do with my uni program.

History was awesome, but I took pre-ap so it might be a bit different. If you enjoy French that would be the most beneficial one.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
G2GD0tJ.gif

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Just finished watching Kick-Ass 2. Not quite as good as the original, but still pretty good. I just hope they don't ruin it with too many sequels. There is a 3rd comic, so there will probably be a 3rd one.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I saw Elysium yesterday afternoon. Was pretty good although I had trouble understanding some of the Spanish accents.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Yeah I took the courses I need for that but these are the extra ones that I wanted to choose for fun. I have 2 slots left and these are the 4 options. French I wanted to take because the more I can speak the better (love the language). Law, because I figured a little knowledge would prolly benefit me if I'm going into the sciences. But I'm really into anicent history and I think with a pretty stressful schedule already (english, functions, bio, chem, physics, psych) it would be nice to have a course like that. And geography is interesting as well.

I've already taken french and law, but I'm debating dropping them for geography and history. None of the courses really have anything to do with my uni program.

Basic highschool level language courses are entirely wasted if you never pursue it further and get in semiregular practice. I took ancient history in grade 11 and it was pretty good for anyone whos already into it, almost all that information still sticks with me a decade later. Stone age right through to Charlemage, all great stuff. Nothing you cant learn yourself if youre nerdy enough but a good teacher makes everything that much better.

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
I was outside for the majority of last night and received several mosquito bites, including one that's located in the space between my thumb and index finger. It's itchy and annoying as hell!!!

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
That weekend was crazy. I was perma-drunk since lunchtime on Friday. I would comment on how good I thought Dean Brody, Dallas Smith and Blue Rodeo were in concert but I was way to inebriated to pay attention to them singing. I did however sober up to watch Big and Rich and my god was that a highlight of my life. Cowboy Troy was amazing! :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
All moved in to my house in London. Back home now, can't wait to officially move in next week!

Morning, Afternoon and Evening Lounge

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
I'm watching The Oranges, and Hugh Laurie does something similar as this gif with the thumbs up

674.gif

When I was searching for the gif, I came across pictures of when he was younger. This guy looks better now at his current age then he did 20-30 years ago!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Afternoon lounge, just got back from camping with the girlfriend in the mountains ... My puppy is exhausted .. Good time

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
My stomach has been growling at me angrily for 24 hours. I've fed it, watered it. I don't know what to do.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
My stomach has been growling at me angrily for 24 hours. I've fed it, watered it. I don't know what to do.

Tums? Baking soda and water if you dont have calcium pills on hand and are too lazy to leave the house on a Sunday evening?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Tums? Baking soda and water if you dont have calcium pills on hand and are too lazy to leave the house on a Sunday evening?

I'll try it. It doesn't hurt but I think the pizza I had last night wasn't invited to the party that is my stomach.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
I'll try it. It doesn't hurt but I think the pizza I had last night wasn't invited to the party that is my stomach.

For a while after I first started getting heartburn I thought I was maybe just really hungry, which seemed weird right after overeating :laugh:

Then all those antacid commercials started making sense, calcium pills (or baking soda) take care of it almost instantly.

Ace88*

I dont have even the fathomest clue what heartburn feels like lol. Never had it.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Parent's 25th party went well. Didn't forget to do anything major, in fact I don't think we forgot anything at all :)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hi everybody. Happy Mon-..... Happy Mon-..... Happy Mond-

Nope, can't say it. Today sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad