OT: Leafs Lounge v.130 - Pepperidge Farm Remembers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
Good morning LL.

Question for those familiar with Downtown Toronto. Any recommendations for a good restaurant? I’d prefer a non-chain restaurant (like Jack Astors/Baton Rouge). I’d also prefer something near Union Station/Eaton Centre, but it doesn’t matter too much. Budget is $150 or under for dinner for two. Thanks.

donkeyy0

May 31, 2011
Good morning LL.

Question for those familiar with Downtown Toronto. Any recommendations for a good restaurant? I’d prefer a non-chain restaurant like Jack Astors/Baton Rouge. I’d also prefer something near Union Station/Eaton Centre, but it doesn’t matter too much. Budget is $150 or under for dinner for two. Thanks.

Three Brewers and mr. green Jeans by the Eaton centre. Wayne gretzkys maybe near union?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Good morning LL.

Question for those familiar with Downtown Toronto. Any recommendations for a good restaurant? I’d prefer a non-chain restaurant (like Jack Astors/Baton Rouge). I’d also prefer something near Union Station/Eaton Centre, but it doesn’t matter too much. Budget is $150 or under for dinner for two. Thanks.

Check out the Oliver & Bonacini restaurants. Canoe, Jump and maybe also Auberge du Pommier.

AdP isn't downtown though.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I will definitely do that, thanks.
If you guys have any more suggestions, please post.

Also, anyone been to Midieval Times before? How is it?

It's pretty entertaining and a good time even if it's a bit cliche-looking.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Had to check out Miley Cyrus's vma performance since people can't seem to stop talking about it. Yeah it was weird, but it didn't seem really that over the top compared to what other people do nowadays. Seems as if people may just be overreacting due to her being that cute little girl on tv for so many years.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Meow, you could always choose 'The Drake Hotel' (no relation to Drake the rapper). Pretty awesome place and decently priced with great food.

Apr 1, 2010
I've been to Three Brewers before. I should clarify, I'm looking for something more upscale.

It was a few years ago so hopefully it hasn't changed...

Tundra just off the lobby of the Hilton. They had a live band playing(quietly) when we went. I had Bison Ribs, with a stuffed pepper for an appetiser, and the wife had Elk medallions and a salad. It was well over $100 for the two of us, so bring the piggy bank.

Ace88*

Meow, you could always choose 'The Drake Hotel' (no relation to Drake the rapper). Pretty awesome place and decently priced with great food.

if i ever stay in that hotel, when i get off the elevator im going to run around like a crazy person screaming "STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW IM HERE"

anyways, got called off work cos of the rain, which is the best thing ever because im filthy hungover.

Ace88*

I wonder how often normal restaurants use canned soup for their soup instead of making it themselves fresh.

Not canned soup, but most restaurants only have one or two soups made fresh in-house. The rest comes frozen from the food supplier. The two major companies are GFS and Sysco, and they supply just about every major chain restaurant pretty much in Canada. Anywhere you go that has broccoli soup, it's the same exact broccoli soup as anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad