hayden_panettiere_denim.jpg

tumblr_ls0gdp9LDO1qkl2rxo1_500.jpg

Victoria_Justice_Wallpaper.jpg

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
My day so far has been throw a cord of wood into the basement, go on HF/twitter for 20 minutes. Repeat. Surprised I have wifi in the garage.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Iggy to the bruins now? Jesus the North East is going to be so good next year.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I feel pretty good about our team. Minus the defense. It looks pretty mediocre, but it gets the job done.

I'm excited to see the goalie battle :D

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I feel pretty good about our team. Minus the defense. It looks pretty mediocre, but it gets the job done.

I'm excited to see the goalie battle :D

If reports are true that Franson is going to get traded, we're looking at

Dion - Gunnar
? - Gardiner
Brennan - Liles <-- Disastrous pairing

Yikes. This is why Clarkson signing ticks me off. Contract is way too long, way too much money and we AGAIN didn't address a point of weakness. Wingers aren't the issue here, Dave...

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010

Dion - Gunnar
? - Gardiner

Yikes. This is why Clarkson signing ticks me off. Contract is way too long, way too much money and we AGAIN didn't address a point of weakness. Wingers aren't the issue here, Dave...

We couldn't get Scuderi, or Ference. Both of them went "home". How do you want us to address defense?

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
We couldn't get Scuderi, or Ference. Both of them went "home". How do you want us to address defense?

Would have preferred for us to go after Gilbert + Cooke. I like Gilbert more than Ferrence and he likely comes cheaper.

Would have liked Clarkson but not at that price, keep Grabo, move him up into the top 6 at wing with Lupul/Kadri.

Keep our amnesty at hand until next off-season.

Explore trades but keep our flexibility at hand. Let Bozak walk, Sign Weiss. That would have been a passable off-season, not exactly great.

Great would have required some type of trade. Instead, I feel we squandered our chance and took a massive risk on a low reward.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Would have preferred for us to go after Gilbert + Cooke. I like Gilbert more than Ferrence and he likely comes cheaper.

Would have liked Clarkson but not at that price, keep Grabo, move him up into the top 6 at wing with Lupul/Kadri.

Keep our amnesty at hand until next off-season.

Explore trades but keep our flexibility at hand. Let Bozak walk, Sign Weiss. That would have been a passable off-season, not exactly great.

Great would have required some type of trade. Instead, I feel we squandered our chance and took a massive risk on a low reward.

Gilbert is still out there..

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Gilbert is still out there..

Yes but with the cap space we squandered, I would be surprised if we will still be able to get him. That's my qualm. And even my scenario only suggests a 'passable' scenario in my mind (from the Grabo buy-out onwards). I just feel we could have done a lot better this off-season.

With that said, I'm going to fully support the leafs and Clarkson. Hope I'm wrong.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Yes but with the cap space we squandered, I would be surprised if we will still be able to get him. That's my qualm. And even my scenario only suggests a 'passable' scenario in my mind (from the Grabo buy-out onwards). I just feel we could have done a lot better this off-season.

With that said, I'm going to fully support the leafs and Clarkson. Hope I'm wrong.

I don't think Gilbert is asking for very much. If we can get Kadri on a decent bridge, same with Bernier, I think we're fine for cap. It's worth it considering Gilbert will likely only get a 1 or 2 year deal to see if he's still got something to offer.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

Just because we couldn't address our defensive woes within the first 8 hours of Free Agency doesn't mean we had to throw stupid money/contract at David Clarkson.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Just because we couldn't address our defensive woes within the first 8 hours of Free Agency doesn't mean we had to throw stupid money/contract at David Clarkson.

I'm still just asking how you expected us to address our defensive needs via free agency...

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I'm still just asking how you expected us to address our defensive needs via free agency...

I don't. I never SAID we should address it via FA. We're talking about two separate things. I'm sure Nonis will look around via trade for defensive help but I'm wondering WHY we brought in Clarkson at that term and for that much money.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto

Dion - Gunnar
? - Gardiner

Seriously we have to address defense. I don't know why nonis is avoiding that.

Possible blacker would graduate, but who would you pair him with? Gardiner? Then we'd be left with liles and fraser... Thats not such a steller defense.

I'd rather get someone to pair with dion, demote gunnar to second pairing. Our first pair has to be stronger, dion gets worn out with too many minutes

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I don't. I never SAID we should address it via FA. We're talking about two separate things. I'm sure Nonis will look around via trade for defensive help but I'm wondering WHY we brought in Clarkson at that term and for that much money.

Let's not forget Carlyle's team play more of a team defense system, keeping teams to the outside. Clarkson blocks shots, that right there improves our defense. He can also help on the PK no matter what people will tell you.

I think we're hoping Gardiner is going to play like he did in the playoffs. IF Gardiner can play like that, I think we're fine on defense because Gunnarsson can play a 3 / 4 role as long as Franson can stop being greedy.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Seriously we have to address defense. I don't know why nonis is avoiding that.

Possible blacker would graduate, but who would you pair him with? Gardiner? Then we'd be left with liles and fraser... Thats not such a steller defense.

I'd rather get someone to pair with dion, demote gunnar to second pairing. Our first pair has to be stronger, dion gets worn out with too many minutes

If Franson isnt traded and we manage to sign him it wouldn't look so bad with Gunnar, Phaneuf, Gards, Franson, Liles, maybe Blacker, Brennan/Fraser.

Phaneuf-Gunnar
Gardiner-Franson
Fraser-Blacker

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Bobby Ryan to Ottawa pisses me off.

Can we finish this page? Scrolling through a ton of pictures in OP is annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad