Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose to Sens

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
T
You're doing it wrong. Trash the Leafs on the main board and face 0 consequences.
THe boards mirror the NHL and DoPs, who would have thunk

Rumour is Paros was hired as a moderator.
Oh so that's who TWS is....(he's not a mod, but has immunity from them)

Edit: what's with the double quote answer when I didn't click anything.. weird.

• Haha
Reactions: uncleben and MCR74

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I'm really frustrated with their struggles with BUF and OTT. Why can't they put those POS teams in their places? :(

They seemed pissed off in the dying seconds - where was that emotion earlier in the game? Ugh.
Therein lies the problem. No way they pull this shit for long with Torts in charge. Problem might be the tail is wagging the dog.

Reactions: yubbers and rumman

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I’m convinced if Shanahan showed up at the Blue Goose tavern he’d not be welcomed, the shame of Mimico………
Is it still there? When I go by on go train to leaf games from Mississauga it looks like a ton of construction on da site .. it has been 5+ years since my last drink there

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I have a feeling she would be kind of like Dubas lite. She sees the game her way, and dammit she's going to achieve that through the draft. At least Mr Jen would prolly get the job of skills coach for the org!

In other news TJ being TJ must have rubbed off on Simone last night.

Lesson for Coach Shelly. Never ever leave a player stewing in the press box when he's capable of playing. I don't care what he did, or what you think he did, but what you did by doing that, took any edge off of him that was developing. Leaving him there while clearly evident that TJ has needed to take a seat for awhile is just negligent.

I'm not saying Lags is the answer but was he going to be worse than Brodies been the last 6 months?

I can't see how firing Keefe is the answer to this teams problems, because it's more than just systems. St Scotty couldn't get these guys on the right path. The total lack of accountability of the past regime has created a team that seems hyper focused on individual achievement.

Case in point, MM finds himself in position A, there is lots of traffic in front of the net. Instead of shooting he hesitates, looks for 34 who btw is not in a good position and is also covered and MM tries to force a pass because 34 called for one.

The team needs Ws more than 34 needs goals, it's time that fact, starts getting stressed to the 1 line, and to PP1. It's not too late to turn it around. As a Leafs fan what would you rather have. AM showing off his 70th goal puck or a drum tight, disciplined, unselfish, positionally sound machine, thats razor sharp and ready for the playoffs.

Also and my last point, the breakout last night looked without structure or discipline, there is no friggin way 16 when in the 2 lane on a carry out should be running up a teammates back, a teammate who wasn't paying attention and crossed his path. That little traffic jamb is what caused the turnover that led to the 2nd goal.

When the Leafs are clicking its only because they are playing sound positionally, too many individuals always lead to poor results.
Folks on here don't like to sh*t on Brodie but reality is he was washed to start year .. he is a skating/hands D who lost 2 steps .. those types are done when that happens as they don't have good D skills to hang on with ie he can never play 3rd pair

Reactions: yubbers

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
8fgfxk.jpg

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
This has to be a tough one for Parros. He has on one hand a scenario where he can suspend a Maple Leaf and on the other hand a play in which he likely completely agrees with what Rielly did lol

Reactions: OddyOh

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I can't see this team beating the Rangers if the Rangers show up but it would be so Leafy if they beat the Rangers and then lost to Carolina. I can't see Philly getting out of round #1.

NYR are playing pretty average since Jan 1, 8-7-2 with a -3 goal differential, 14.9% PP, 79.5% PK. For comparison sake Leafs are 9-6-1 with a +8 goal differential, 28.6% PP 79.5% PK. Rangers would not be a gimmie but if I had to choose the Metro bracket or the Atlantic bracket, the choice is pretty clear IMO. If the Leafs show up they are better skilled but the Leafs have been world beaters one game and no shows the next, who knows what you are going to get with these guys.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Boy that Rielly really showed Grieg eh?

Bet that fool will never do anything so stupid again. A message was sent across the league tonight. Don't mess with the Toronto Maple Leafs empty net.

Rielly will f*** you up if you do.

Add one more embarrassment to the ever growing list. There was no pride in tonight's performance at all. It was a pathetic loss by a pathetic team to an even more pathetic team.

Highlighted by a pathetic attempt at being tough.

There's your Stanley Cup contenders right there for ya folks. All bluster no glory. Outworked, outplayed, and outscored by one of the worst teams in the league.

But at least the empty net doesn't have to worry about anyone taking a slap shot at it anymore.
Its so weird....teams take liberties constantly with our team with usually zero response but an empty net slapper is what awoke the beast within?

Reactions: GoonieFace

myleafs

May 25, 2021
So you want them to have a response... oh but not like that.

Get out of here.
Yes i want a response ...not a crosscheck to the face but def a response. It was right to respond but imo a stupid way to do it.

no...u get out of here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad