Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose to Sens

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Leafs are 11th. in the league Point Percentage.

They are at the bottom of the top third of the league.

Heck, even the top teams lose games so for the Leafs to lose to the 28th. best team that wants to win isn't remarkable. They are all for the most part NHL players.
On the same day, Boston was shut out by Washington.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Is it still there? When I go by on go train to leaf games from Mississauga it looks like a ton of construction on da site .. it has been 5+ years since my last drink there
no idea if it's still there, but it was the heart and soul of Mimico back in the day, last time I was there was years ago for a Sunday matinee show of Robbie Lane with no Disciples..............

Folks on here don't like to sh*t on Brodie but reality is he was washed to start year .. he is a skating/hands D who lost 2 steps .. those types are done when that happens as they don't have good D skills to hang on with ie he can never play 3rd pair
I sh*t on Brodie all the time because he's become a useless player, a liability to winning games, why he's put out there shift after shift is because they can't afford a better player sound familiar...............

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I never said we were tough because I think we’re still Charmin soft. But I have seen a much better response in most situations.

But you are right, if the core doesn’t nut up we are going nowhere fast. It needs to be a full team buy in and that hasn’t happened yet. If it doesn’t after this with Rielly and Keefe and basically every ex player and analyst siding with them then I give up. I should’ve a long time ago
100%. In the game thread, I wrote right away that this is the turning point for this core and if the 11mil boys still don’t get it, trade them all as they just don’t have what it takes to win with the Leafs.

However, the more I watched the replay, the more I think our top guys still don’t get it as they were miles slower to respond than Domi. Domi would had done what Reilly did and more if Reilly didn’t do it by how quick Domi was there compare to the rest.
I think the first thing came to Domi mind was, I am going to get Greig for pulling that stunt. While the other four-AM, Willie, JT and MM were like, oh right we lost again, time to fly home. Then when they saw what Reilly did, they were still thinking, Domi got this and probably didn’t understand why till afterwards. Which is a shame.
Hope they will change bc there is no way with their current mentality that they could lead the Leafs to any playoffs success.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
With Ottawa? Jacques Martin? :laugh: All of his great history of playoff success is the missing piece that the Leafs need. But hey there were a lot of happy times in Toronto when Jacques Martin was around at playoff time so I guess I can't blame you for wanting him around.
Switch Keefe out with someone new. Martin is a dinosaur.

Keefe should not have returned as coach so you pretty much get what you see with this team.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I completely understand the guys thought the game was over when Grieg got the breakaway, which is fine.

But, Domi was the first one there and I am 100% sure he would had started something if Reilly didn’t bc he saw what happened. Our 11mil boys club didn’t jump in like Domi, in fact they were a few seconds afterwards.
That’s my point, at least from this incident, they were okay for someone to blast a shot into the empty net. They didn’t take it personally and thought it was okay.
I hope their mentality will change after watching the replay and the reaction from Mo. Bc if they still act like this, there is no hope for any playoffs success.
I doubt very much they thought it was ok but it’s not in their dna to do what Rielly did.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Switch Keefe out with someone new. Martin is a dinosaur.

Keefe should not have returned as coach so you pretty much get what you see with this team.
Agreed on Martin, but Keefe is doing a great job. He's created an environment that help the Core 4 thrive and enjoy themselves. They want to be in Toronto. There's so many good things about this team. The Power Play is lethal. They never give up. They are never out of a game and can come back at anytime and everyone knows it. They are excellent when trailing late with the goalie pulled. That means they come through under pressure. These are signs of a championship team and Keefe deserves credit for all of that.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
100%. In the game thread, I wrote right away that this is the turning point for this core and if the 11mil boys still don’t get it, trade them all as they just don’t have what it takes to win with the Leafs.

However, the more I watched the replay, the more I think our top guys still don’t get it as they were miles slower to respond than Domi. Domi would had done what Reilly did and more if Reilly didn’t do it by how quick Domi was there compare to the rest.
I think the first thing came to Domi mind was, I am going to get Greig for pulling that stunt. While the other four-AM, Willie, JT and MM were like, oh right we lost again, time to fly home. Then when they saw what Reilly did, they were still thinking, Domi got this and probably didn’t understand why till afterwards. Which is a shame.
Hope they will change bc there is no way with their current mentality that they could lead the Leafs to any playoffs success.
This is what, the "core's" 8th year and they're still butter soft. Why would any logical person think they could change?

Agreed on Martin, but Keefe is doing a great job. He's created an environment that help the Core 4 thrive and enjoy themselves. They want to be in Toronto. There's so many good things about this team. The Power Play is lethal. They never give up. They are never out of a game and can come back at anytime and everyone knows it. They are excellent when trailing late with the goalie pulled. That means they come through under pressure. These are signs of a championship team and Keefe deserves credit for all of that.
Ya ok...

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

I don't want them to be in Toronto. They are soft, and never really step up in the big games come April/May.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Prefer that Rielly saved that cross check for use after a Marchand or Bennett cheap shot. I thought it was overkill for an empty net slapshot with 5 seconds to go.

Yes

At the same time, I see it as enough is enough from MO. Line must be drawn here etc.

Reactions: ToneDog

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I hear ya, just wish he would have just ragdolled him than. I just don’t like stick work, it wasn’t super viscous, but a couple punches to the head would suffice. What should have happened is at the next face off, line brawl
Agreed. If you want to send a message that we're not putting up with crap, Reaves should have started something in those last 5 seconds. He's not good at hockey anymore, but he used to be good at that.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Yes

At the same time, I see it as enough is enough from MO. Line must be drawn here etc.
Yeah something tells me he was triggered and he snapped.

just what the Leafs need, less defensive depth.........
McCabe Brodie
Benoit Lily
Laggeson Timmons
Gio Lajoie

Now that is one bad group.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
I don't want them to be in Toronto. They are soft, and never really step up in the big games come April/May.
The difference between winning and losing in the playoffs is razor thin. The Leafs are very capable. Just like any team that wins, they just need to get some breaks, get some unexpected players to step up, have good fortune with injuries.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yeah something tells me he was triggered and he snapped.

McCabe Brodie
Benoit Lily
Laggeson Timmons
Gio Lajoie

Now that is one bad group.
looks bad enough to fall out of a playoff spot to me...............

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
looks bad enough to fall out of a playoff spot to me...............
Yup but NYI, NJ and Pitt are terrible, and we've got a bit of a cushion on them. One would hope it gets them to take games like last night more seriously if they dropped out of a WC spot.

Reactions: rumman

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Therein lies the problem. No way they pull this shit for long with Torts in charge. Problem might be the tail is wagging the dog.
That my dear Tone was put completely on display in front of God and everybody when the "bespectacled bozo" forced Coach Keefe to trot out hat in hand and apologize for using "wrong words" after a flaccid loss and performance of SS#1 against a team they should have thrashed EASILY!

and that is the dog that should be sent to the place that a franchise who hasn't ever drawn flies is slated to build themselves a 500m+ new arena. If you hadn't noticed their nifty little SS sure looked good running beside that big old dog in the recently completed, most successful ASG ever.

Reactions: rumman and ToneDog

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The difference between winning and losing in the playoffs is razor thin. The Leafs are very capable. Just like any team that wins, they just need to get some breaks, get some unexpected players to step up, have good fortune with injuries.
Or having their three highest paid players to score more than ONE goal(10% of goal scored) in a playoff series.

Reactions: rumman

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Wait this wasn’t satire?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Agreed. If you want to send a message that we're not putting up with crap, Reaves should have started something in those last 5 seconds. He's not good at hockey anymore, but he used to be good at that.
Answer needs to be immediate to the player responsible, not against other players next shift

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Or having their three highest paid players to score more than ONE goal(10% of goal scored) in a playoff series.
Someone here who resides mostly in LeaFland recently reminded LeafsNation that players are not paid for the post-season and so is likely the reason that they don't perform come playoff time. It was neither a cynical nor sarcastic comment, at least as far as I could tell, which only leaves one other option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad