Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose to Sens

weems

Jul 3, 2008
This stupid bullshit of losing to bottom 5 teams was a cute quirk for a year.

It is unnacceptable that it keeps happening. This is a pattern.

The NHL is the best league in the world and even the trash teams are capable of winning games.

You don't get to just show up and collect wins because you're more talented on "paper".

Reactions: Jojalu

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Someone here who resides mostly in LeaFland recently reminded LeafsNation that players are not paid for the post-season and so is likely the reason that they don't perform come playoff time. It was neither a cynical nor sarcastic comment, at least as far as I could tell, which only leaves one other option.
Wonder who that is, pretty sure is someone I block, lol.

The NHL is the best league in the world and even the trash teams are capable of winning games.

You don't get to just show up and collect wins because you're more talented on "paper".
I agree and thats why our team is not as good as they think.
bc I see most contenders winning against bottom 5 teams more often than not. While we don't even have a .500 records against them.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Silly monkey, give them clubs and they beat each other into the ground!

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I get it - they were trying. But they already have a team full of divas - why bring in more of that type?
Berts not a diva. I have to agree with our Bert that coaching is likely a factor.

This stupid bullshit of losing to bottom 5 teams was a cute quirk for a year.

It is unnacceptable that it keeps happening. This is a pattern.
I really hope we get a new coach before the deadline

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Congrats you have one supporter. The creator of the Marner appreciation thread. Don't forget this...#winning.
Who needs advanced stats and evidenced based research when you got the support of @Dekes For Days ?
Not sure who you think created the Marner appreciation thread, but it wasn't me.
Advanced stats and evidence based research is beneficial to everyone... when used and interpreted correctly.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Not sure who you think created the Marner appreciation thread, but it wasn't me.
Advanced stats and evidence based research is beneficial to everyone... when used and interpreted correctly.
Here is the Athletics article, I'm looking forward to your thoughts on these critical advanced stats that indicate Marner has not been good this year. Appreciate the acknowledgment of them - and your willingness to address them.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Here is the Athletics article, I'm looking forward to your thoughts on these critical advanced stats that indicate Marner has not been good this year.
Your article is paywalled, and the advanced stats don't indicate what you claim.
You seem to be mistaking a down year relative to the top tier standards he set in past years with a player being bad.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
i dont really care. just make the playoffs in any position. ottawa won their cup tonight good for them. they will miss the playoffs again as usual.

Give 44 the C and a raise
Giving Mo the C has been long overdue!

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019

Agree, except how many years has this been the story for this team? It would be different if it wasn’t a regular occurrence.

Reactions: weems

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Your article is paywalled, and the advanced stats don't indicate what you claim.
You seem to be mistaking a down year relative to the top tier standards he set in past years with a player being bad.
I've never paid for an article before. So it can't be paywalled.

My claim? It's straight from the Athletics author. Want to do this one by one? Here is the first one for you to break down. This straight from the source, so stop trying to spin it as mine. Looking forward to your response:

Toronto is just breaking even, with 50.3 percent of the expected goals share when Marner is deployed. That is uncharacteristically low for a player who tends to have a hand in creating a lot of quality offense in his minutes and limiting opponents back in his own zone.

Here's another one:.
Not only are the Leafs creating less in Marner’s minutes compared to previous seasons, but it’s also relative to his teammates this season. He’s rarely had a negative influence on his team’s expected goal creation, but this year it’s down to minus-0.17 per 60.

And another one:

Not only are the Leafs creating less in Marner’s minutes compared to previous seasons, but it’s also relative to his teammates this season. He’s rarely had a negative influence on his team’s expected goal creation, but this year it’s down to minus-0.17 per 60.

Last edited:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
My claim? It's straight from the author. Want to so this one by one? Here is the first one for you to break down straight from the source.
Maybe they allow a certain number of articles for free, but it wont let me read beyond the first couple paragraphs without an account.
From what I read, it does not seem like your claim is the same as the author's, but authors of articles on the internet are certainly not infallible either.
I don't have much interest in going through cherry picked portions one by one, but for the record, having a lower than usual but still slightly positive expected goal share through a half season of difficult minutes while still having a dominant goal share is not the end of the world you treat it as. While he had some struggles in the first half of the season, the referenced drop-off is not even occurring in his regular minutes. The Knies-Matthews-Marner line is at almost 56% xGF%.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I think it's high time, like really really high, time that somebody start a "despise and denigrate Marner" thread and petition the MLS&E board to retire the #16 in honour of either Shakey or Sideshow and forever banish, exile, deport or whatever terminology one cares to use, the person of MM, and thereby forever expunge his name for whatever the sin was that he committed against our beloved B&W.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012

My claim? It's straight from the Athletics author. Want to do this one by one? Here is the first one for you to break down. This straight from the source, so stop trying to spin it as mine. Looking forward to your response:

Here's another one:.

And another one:

'Expected' anything is all you need to know about how effing stupid these allegedly advanced stats are. Reality matters, nothing else.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

This video is a good explanation of what happened.

Of course, George Parros doesn’t give a shit. He remembers how embarrassed he felt when Colton Orr was standing over his unconscious body with his wife, daughter and family watching and he’ll never let that go.

Last edited:

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Gregor brings nothing but speed he’s a garbage version of grabner and he wasn’t too good himself scratch him bring up steeves or bergy sent down lavoie put gio on ir and if timmins isn’t ready to go bring up niemela let the kids play

Reactions: OddyOh

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Congrats you have one supporter. The creator of the Marner appreciation thread. Don't forget this...#winning.

Who needs advanced stats and evidenced based research when you got the support of @Dekes For Days ?
advanced stats, evidence based research, things of that nature: "In fact his body language would be turned slightly to the action and not facing the player, to show them that he is here to watch the action unfold and not partak."

Last edited:

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Agreed on Martin, but Keefe is doing a great job. He's created an environment that help the Core 4 thrive and enjoy themselves. They want to be in Toronto. There's so many good things about this team. The Power Play is lethal. They never give up. They are never out of a game and can come back at anytime and everyone knows it. They are excellent when trailing late with the goalie pulled. That means they come through under pressure. These are signs of a championship team and Keefe deserves credit for all of that.
So you’re saying this Leafs’ team is a championship team? You’ve got to be joking! Way too inconsistent!

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
My entire weekend is ruined!

Leafs lose
Rielly will get suspended
NFL bendsover for mahomes and chiefs again
f*** Taylor Swift

2024 WTF!

Be better!
I had to turn the game off before they finished the “anthem”

This video is a good explanation of what happened.

Of course, George Parros doesn’t give a shit. He remembers how embarrassed he felt when Colton Orr was standing over his unconscious body with his wife, daughter and family watching and he’ll never let that go.

Irrelevant, a player must be in control of his stick at all times, Rielly’s going to pay for his lapse in sanity big time…….

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00