Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose in OT 3-2

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I'm more than willing to chalk a game like that up to bad luck. I still think we were the better team and both goalies played great. Our guys were a bit sloppy, but played well enough to win.

I think I'm just salty because I hate losing to the Habs. Fortunately, first place soothes a lot of the soreness.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Lily 14 mins
Sandin 15 mins

Rielly 25 mins
Brodie 25 mins

Yea.... okay Keefe way to distribute the minutes and overplay vets when playoffs just around the corner :rolleyes:

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
It's amazing how little I care about a loss. The Habs are screwed if they meet us in the post season with play like that.

No 3V3 in the playoffs. Caulfield will be screwed.

Reactions: Not My Tempo

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Marner works best when he doesn't have as much time. He just thinks of too many options.

Marner's mind on that 2-0: "Holy shit, 2-0 with Auston. OK, pass it to Matty. Oh shit, he passed it back. No, matty you f***ing take it. Oh shit, he gave it back again. What do i do? I could shoot, I can dangle backhand or shoot bar down, or shoot in between the legs. Crap I'm too close in to Allan. Return to default mode; PASS!"

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
He is just gawd awful with the puck. So effing discouraging

Up until recently I've been able to comfort myself by saying 'he tries hard!', which he did/does, but that was inexcusable.

If I'm Keefe I'm putting him in the press box for the next few games, give Engvall or some other jake on the taxi squad some reps.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf
Mar 12, 2009
...yes they would have. They literally could have killed the whole clock
if we had played a possession game and held it, there would literally be far fewer minutes to available for montreal to hog the puck, it's really not rocket science

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
they mattered earlier in the season before we clinched, but this conversation has ceased to be productive.

Our aggressive style in OT has won us as many games as it's cost us. It's 3 on 3 OT - an absolute shit show - most of the time Matthews and Marner convert and you'd be over the moon. I, for one, am happy we saw very few shootouts this season, as we sure as hell haven't been great at those over the years.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
And they came into tonight up 2 on MTL, right?

Well, Ottawa was supposed to be one of their easy games...they are rested and still lost. The way Winnipeg is floundering, maybe the Leafs are better facing Winnipeg.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
if we had played a possession game and held it, there would literally be far fewer minutes to available for montreal to hog the puck, it's really not rocket science
They gained possession early in OT. More passive play doesn't regain possession

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
How do you turn 3 on 3 into trap hockey?
Could do what the flyers did to Tampa... don't pursue the puck - keep all three players inside center ice, let Montreal circle back all they want. Or would there still be too much room?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad