Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose in OT 3-2

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I blame matthews. Why does he always quickly pass back like that. He should shoot more.
Not sure a wrister from the top of the circles is the play on the 2-0, even if it would have been better than that Marner pass

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
There needs to be an OT shot clock or some kind of restriction on carrying the puck outside of the offensive zone. Watching Montreal spend 3 minutes of that OT doing figure 8s in the neutral zone is pathetic.
It was bordering on delay of game. It was getting ridiculous.

Reactions: Schooner

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Meh

We look like a team with very little to play for right now, it's going to take something extremely unlikely for us not to finish 1st in the North

It's hard to get yourself motivated and play with emotion in that situation

Hopefully Foligno is alright and Hyman gets back soon so we can get at least a couple of games with a full lineup going into the playoffs

Reactions: Gallagbi

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
Take comfort knowing that Montreal played the most trap, boring, clog up the zone hockey imaginable, while the Leafs didn't seem to even give a shit...

And the only reason they won is because Mikheyev missed an ENG.
He is just gawd awful with the puck. So effing discouraging

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
There needs to be an OT shot clock or some kind of restriction on carrying the puck outside of the offensive zone. Watching Montreal spend 3 minutes of that OT doing figure 8s in the neutral zone is pathetic.
There would've been definite booing if the crowd was real.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Fun game, we should have put it away.

Campbell was awesome except for the game tying goal.

I really hope Foligno isn't out long term. Give him the rest of the season off if necessary, as long as he's ready for the playoffs.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Don't like it. Points might be meaningless to us at this point but keeping good mojo going is not. Losses like this can snowball; we've seen it before.

That's one we need to close out.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Most gutless OT I've ever seen by a team. It's one thing to regroup and try to get a controlled entry. Another thing to just bring the puck back to center ice whenever you see Matthews

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Not patient enough 3 v 3. Always trying to force the play for a quick strike, but always end up on the wrong side of a run and gun or we give it up and the other team plays a more relaxed possession game and we never get the puck back.

I would rather us lose a few by being aggressive on the 3 on 3 instead of turn it into snoozefest garbage like the Canadiens.

If we didn't attack that entire 3 on 3 would've been them diddling with the puck and not attempting to score.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I care a lot. But that's only cause I want MTL in round 1.

4 point swing in that regard in the last 10 minutes, FML.

really? I don’t see why? You think there is a difference? I think the leafs perform and match up better with the jets myself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad