Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose by a very small margin. Caps win 2-1 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perceptor

World Class
Mar 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
Great watching the Leafs this series. If you lose tomorrow, there's no shame as every game was tight. Your team is just getting started....

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
[Tweet]855588795621797888[/MEDIA]

You know, the more I watch this, the angrier I get.

That was a completely disgusting cheap shot by Niskanen. Puck nowhere to be seen, Kadri already being engaged with Ovi, and hard slash from the blind side where there is little or no padding.

That's a cowardly and blatant attempt to injure. People wanna complain about Kadri's hit?

That was slash was gutless. Who's the real rat?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
[Tweet]855588795621797888[/Tweet]

That was a completely disgusting cheap shot by Niskanen. Puck nowhere to be seen, Kadri already being engaged with Ovi, and hard slash from the blind side where there is little or no padding.

That's a cowardly and blatant attempt to injure. People wanna complain about Kadri's hit?

That was payback attempt for Kadri's hit on OV which targeted the leg. You knew it was come as Kads was never going to go unpunished when you try and take out a star player.

It could have cost the Caps the game with a game at 1-1 and Leafs heading to the PP.

Originally I thought Kadri was acting when you watch OV contact on Kadri, and not until later did they point out it was actually Niskanen that cheap shot him and Kadri wasn't faking it.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
That was payback attempt for Kadri's hit on OV which targeted the leg. You knew it was come as Kads was never going to go unpunished when you try and take out a star player.

It could have cost the Caps the game with a game at 1-1 and Leafs heading to the PP.

Originally I thought Kadri was acting when you watch OV contact on Kadri, and not until later did they point out it was actually Niskanen that cheap shot him and Kadri wasn't faking it.

I know what it was Mess. Doesn't make it any less gutless.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
[Tweet]855588795621797888[/MEDIA]

Niskanen is the real rat. I didn't hear the announcers apologizing to kadri last night after calling him a diver and saying tge director of officiating is going to see the type of diver Kadri is etc. watching the replay this morning i heard them apologizing for it. Did it go to tv timeout right after they ripped him? It must have.

It needs to be reviewed as a deliberate attempt to injure actually because it was a two hander baseball swing. If it was a leaf that done this it would be a ****ing media gongshow. Niskanen might be marked now anyways.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Kadri did not try to take out OV...it was a hip check he threw...OV made it worse by trying to leap out of the way...did you not see OV take his shots at our players like Gardiner? So we can't check him, but he can check us? That's some nice double standard there.

member 262271

I don't think it's fair to point out who makes mistakes when you actually expect mistakes going into the series.

Most said this was gravy. Good learning experience.

So, did that change?

Nope.

Let's give them the credit to believe they realize (or the coaches will help them realize) when they have made an error and what it leads to. It was supposed to be a learning experience wasn't it?

Fans pointing out mistakes is what will lead to a narrative about players that will hinder long term progress.

Eg. Andersen can't make the big save. Marner gets knocked off the puck to easy. Etc.

Especially around these parts, that kind of "movement" will get players run out of town.

Still gravy. The path will not be paved with gold by any means. Going to be some rough moments, but it's been one excellent season so far.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
You know, the bozak line could use hyman. Hyman bozak and marner might actually be really good. They get hemmed in way too much and look lethargic. Hyman could be exactly what they need.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
you know what guys, Win or Loss in this Series has me more proud of this team than I have been since 04.

I'm honestly more worried about some of our horrible fans reactions if we lose game 6.
Last thing i want to see is a bunch of people saying oh i knew they would lose or back to sucking again.

need our fans to support them win or loss because our potential is sky high. worried some fans may be too hard on this young team.

so much to look forward to in upcoming years.
Go Leafs Go. lets go to Game 7 boys

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I know what it was Mess. Doesn't make it any less gutless.

Gutless sure, just adding context, but It's more an eye for an eye payback situation.

Had Kadri not initiated the OV low hit, then that slash on Kadri also doesn't likely happen.

While 2 wrongs don't make a right, I was only hoping that Leafs would serve up payback retribution via GWG in the PP for the action, as I expected Kadri to be a target the rest of the game.

Glad also that Kadri hit didn't tear up OV's knee on the play as you don't want to see any player, moreso a star player get seriously injured. I didn't want OV hurt because I didn't want any excuses by Caps if Leafs win that game and/or the series thereafter. It would diminish the accomplishments of the Leafs had that been the outcome.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Kadri did not try to take out OV...it was a hip check he threw...OV made it worse by trying to leap out of the way...did you not see OV take his shots at our players like Gardiner? So we can't check him, but he can check us? That's some nice double standard there.

It reminded me of the Tucker/Peca hit that they showed in the intermission.

Peca was seriously hurt on that play, and it put a damper on the series.

OV dishes it out and he is fair game to take physical legal abuse back, its the illegal stuff and attempt to injure stuff that is objectionable. This one was in the grey area of a low bridge hit that targeted the thigh/knee more then a clean hit. IMO

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I thought Ovechkin got his "revenge" when he stuck Kadri in the ribs in the second?

Anyways, why did he need to seek revenge when he was obviously acting that his "injury" was worse than it was. I like the WAS narrative that he's some sort of super hero that just needed to rest and drink a coke in the dressing room and his ACL was magically repaired. What a joke.

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
How long have I been saying it? We need another "power" center for Marner's line.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Eh, seems silly to be mad about this game.

A marginally more effective PP and the Leafs easily go home with the win.

This team has gone toe to toe with the Presidents trophy winners and have been competitive every game. This thread should be overwhelmed with psoitivity

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
It reminded me of the Tucker/Peca hit that they showed in the intermission.

Peca was seriously hurt on that play, and it put a damper on the series.

OV dishes it out and he is fair game to take physical legal abuse back, its the illegal stuff and attempt to injure stuff that is objectionable. This one was in the grey area of a low bridge hit that targeted the thigh/knee more then a clean hit. IMO

It was a legal hit...unfortunate result for Peca...even Harry Neale said it was a legal hit...Cherry said last night Kadri's hit was a good hit...Babcock thought there shouldn't have been a penalty (though he's the Leafs coach)...I thought it was a legal hit.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Tough loss, they kept it closer than I thought they would though.

Dilemma for tomorrow, sell or go.
Worse thing as a fan is watching your Team get knocked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad